Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Mar 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #1,186 of 4,134
Holy moley you've got the spore cables? 
size]

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,188 of 4,134
Quote:
I'm getting in a new 2013 HD800 this week. Rumor has it that the newer HD800s have more bass.

What I'm bringing:
Schiit Mjolnir/Gungnir
LCD2 r2.2
LCD3 (2013)
HD800 (2013)
Tralucent T1 + 1Plus2 uIEM
Triad L3 + LLP

Chris Himself IEM cables, Audeze and Hifiman balanced cables
Double Helix Cables "Spore" Audeze cables, Audeze to HD800 adapter

Arly, bring everything! I'd definitely like to see your Heir IEMs, and listen to the CLAS -db and Leckerton UHA6s mk2, both I've been "thinking" about getting.

Also interested in that Asgard 2 for sure.

No problem, I'll message you a day before the meet and double check with you if there's anything else you want me to bring. This has got to be the most high end meet we've ever had. We got an LCD 2 and 3, a HE 500, HE-6, enough Schitt gear to make a cattle farmer feel at home, a mess of high end cables, a CLAS -db, a Studio V dap and now a HD800. I'm gonna fill my iPhone memory up with 1000's of pics

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #1,189 of 4,134
Can lowly university students come bask in the glow of all the high end gear too? 
eek.gif

Also, I can honestly say that when I started this page, I never EVER expected that Winnipeg would host a meet with so many top of the line equipment! 

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #1,192 of 4,134
Quote:
Can lowly university students come bask in the glow of all the high end gear too? 
eek.gif

Also, I can honestly say that when I started this page, I never EVER expected that Winnipeg would host a meet with so many top of the line equipment! 

Hey, I'm still technically a university student too 
size]

Which reminds me, I should send out the mass pm today.

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #1,194 of 4,134
Quote:
I'm in second year at SFU. :xf_eek:

I am still mentally a high school student, does that count?  (at least according to my aunt)

So, to be clear about my Stax it will be running off a protable amp (Toppings T32) via the SRD7/SB unless some one has a better one or a home system we can hook them up to.  I have not had a really good amp to drive them since the Nakamichi rig we had went missing some time ago (in 1990 or so someone wanted it more than our German Shepard wanted to protect it).  Just starting to investigate options to fix this situation...  They still sound pretty good with the T32.

Oh yeah, and i'll be bringing a lot of the stuff in my profile Studio V 3rd Anv, iRiver H120, hipppo biscuit, cMoyBB, FiiO E11, PA2v2, etc, etc....
Might just have to come up the night before to get my food fix at the same time...we don't even have a McD's where I live so any different kinda food is something to look forward to.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #1,196 of 4,134
Would anyone not be able to make Sunday the 24th if the date were to change? I have a feeling my boss is going to make us work this Sunday as well to get back to schedule for my construction job here in Brandon... Ergh

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,197 of 4,134
Quote:
Would anyone not be able to make Sunday the 24th if the date were to change? I have a feeling my boss is going to make us work this Sunday as well to get back to schedule for my construction job here in Brandon... Ergh

I could make the 26th and 27th lol. Did I mention I work as a bus driver in Wpg and out days off are pretty stupidly spaced out
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,198 of 4,134
Uh oh... well I sent out the mass pm already... but if need be, I can send out another one to cancel. Just keep me in the loop. I think the only people who were really interested are already active in this thread.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,200 of 4,134
Sounds like a plan GG keep us informed. Since some of us already had the day cleared for Sunday I'm game for a coffee/tea meetup and just shoot the breeze. Would be kind of nice to get out and kill an afternoon after all the wackiness of work lately.

Tomorrow morning I'm finally picking up my 4A's. Keep your fingers crossed boys because if they don't fit after all the waiting you're going to hear one loud freaking scream that will be heard up in Churchill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back