Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Mar 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #1,157 of 4,133
Good to see you found the Peg City meet thread GG. I'm still free Sunday late afternoon if you want to do coffee and give the M-100, CLAS, or Studio V a listen let me know and we'll work out a time.

Hey guys, sometimes when I'm typing in the head-fi shout box the lettering goes all weird until I move the cursor or the page on the screen. Is this happening to anyone else or am I going to be throwing a temper tantrum over a bad laptop screen in the near future?

Now thats what I call an extreme head-fier
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,158 of 4,133
Quote:
Good to see you found the Peg City meet thread GG. I'm still free Sunday late afternoon if you want to do coffee and give the M-100, CLAS, or Studio V a listen let me know and we'll work out a time.

Hey guys, sometimes when I'm typing in the head-fi shout box the lettering goes all weird until I move the cursor or the page on the screen. Is this happening to anyone else or am I going to be throwing a temper tantrum over a bad laptop screen in the near future?

Now thats what I call an extreme head-fier
biggrin.gif

dat bass

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #1,161 of 4,133
So much for slowing down eh? 
size]

Is that a wood grain on the Heir 4A's?

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #1,163 of 4,133
Hey people, so with GG in town for the month, what say we put together a meet before he has to go? 

Randomly throwing a date out there: Sunday March 17th

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #1,164 of 4,133
Quote:
So much for slowing down eh? 
size]

Is that a wood grain on the Heir 4A's?

Yep, I chose the buckeye burl faceplate, they actually shipped out this morning. Fingers crossed they fit when they get here
Quote:
Hey people, so with GG in town for the month, what say we put together a meet before he has to go? 

Randomly throwing a date out there: Sunday March 17th

For me that works. Next weekend I have 4 days off so i'm good for those dates.

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #1,166 of 4,133
I didn't even know that was the day. People can feel free to shoot out other suggestions.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #1,167 of 4,133
Hey guys, check out this cool turntable that turned up on kijiji... http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Electrohome-Stereo-W0QQAdIdZ462225948

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,168 of 4,133
okay i cant believe this. i got my galaxy s3 with a voodoo sound installed

and i tried this.. Galaxy S3>> Ath M50 (Using Galaxy S3 Internal DAC "Wolfson DAC" and enabling it using Voodoo Sound)

and this one Galaxy S3>>OTG Cable>Cable to Fiio E7 DAC (which bypass galaxy s3 DAC) >> Ath m50

and i cant believe what im hearing what ever i do galaxy s3>>ath m50 wins over a Fiio e7 dac.. hmm i should have read some feed back about this combo before buying e7 i feel i wasted money haha

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,169 of 4,133
Quote:
st patricks day? Afraid i wont be able to make it then, i'll be rather incapacitated from the night before and then again on that night 

Anyone feels like a road trip to Brandon on the 16th, my band is playing at the Lady of the Lake.  It's going to be a party and a half.

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #1,170 of 4,133
Quote:
okay i cant believe this. i got my galaxy s3 with a voodoo sound installed

and i tried this.. Galaxy S3>> Ath M50 (Using Galaxy S3 Internal DAC "Wolfson DAC" and enabling it using Voodoo Sound)

and this one Galaxy S3>>OTG Cable>Cable to Fiio E7 DAC (which bypass galaxy s3 DAC) >> Ath m50

and i cant believe what im hearing what ever i do galaxy s3>>ath m50 wins over a Fiio e7 dac.. hmm i should have read some feed back about this combo before buying e7 i feel i wasted money haha

Sometimes there's just personal preference at play. I wonder if the Galaxy also does some signal processing to "cheat" and make things sound better. Some bass boost would be my first guess. 

Quote:

Anyone feels like a road trip to Brandon on the 16th, my band is playing at the Lady of the Lake.  It's going to be a party and a half.

Wish I could, but I have work that day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back