Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Sep 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #931 of 4,133
Quote:
Great to see everyone who came out today: sunjigglet (SJ?), dscythe (Eric), Mythless (David), cyberidd ("the original" Andrew), digitalfreak (Arly).

Of all the stuff brought, I think it was totally my apple pie that stole the show
cool.gif

I'll have a couple pics later when I find the card reader for my camera. I totally forgot to take a group shot of everyone, but took a couple shots of all the gear.

Yes, and yes.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #932 of 4,133
Quote:
Great to see everyone who came out today: sunjigglet (SJ?), dscythe (Eric), Mythless (David), cyberidd ("the original" Andrew), digitalfreak (Arly).

Of all the stuff brought, I think it was totally my apple pie that stole the show
cool.gif

I'll have a couple pics later when I find the card reader for my camera. I totally forgot to take a group shot of everyone, but took a couple shots of all the gear.

Mind if I throw those pics up in MuppetFace's thread. That's where I usually hang out 75% of the time. I've already thrown up some raving concerning the HE-6 and the DT990 paired with the Crack and the Compass

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #933 of 4,133
Quote:
my own not-so-secret recipe (everything approximate, since I eyeball everything):

crust:
2 cups of flour
1 banana
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
a few shakes of salt
a capful of balsamic vinegar (optional)
a smaller capful of vanilla

- melt butter in microwave, mix in sugar, egg, salt, vinegar, vanilla
- mash banana, add to butter mixture
- add the whole thing to the flour, mix until dough
- take 3/4 of the dough, roll it out flat, smoosh into a pan, it will be pretty elastic so account for shrinkage
- put in the oven at 350°F for maybe 5-10 minutes just to dry it out a bit

Filling:
a whole bunch of apples, I dunno how many, keep cutting until it looks like it'll fill the shell
I don't even bother peeling them
sprinkle with cinnamon, shake 'em all around
sprinkle with flour, shake 'em all around
put into the now half-baked pie shell
spoon in whatever jam you can find sitting in your fridge (grape or strawberry works well)

Now take the remaining 1/4 of dough and roll it flat, cut into strips, arrange into a lattice.
Put it back in the oven for half and hour.

Kablammo, pie goodness in just over an hour.

:bowdown:  :beerchug: 

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #934 of 4,133
Quote:
Mind if I throw those pics up in MuppetFace's thread. That's where I usually hang out 75% of the time. I've already thrown up some raving concerning the HE-6 and the DT990 paired with the Crack and the Compass

Sure thing. I'll try and remember to put pics up tomorrow.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #935 of 4,133
Random question: anyone here have a cheap (and not totally crappy) wireless headphone for sale?

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #936 of 4,133

The only face in all the pics: Andrew at the upper left plugging in one of the big Audio-gd opamps into his Compass
headphones on the table from top left:
Senn HD25-13-ii, Beyerdynamic DT770pro, Beyerdynamic DT990, Sony V900, vintage something, AKG K240 Sextett
Monoprice 8323, M-Audio Q40, AKG K272HD, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Fostex T50rp

At this point I figured the table was way too cluttered with all the cables, so one ingenious use of a box later... 

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #938 of 4,133
Oct 1, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #941 of 4,133
Quote:
i think (the original) andrew said he was going, but did anybody else go see Rush last night? It was a great concert

I agree, it was a very fun concert!  Neil Peart, what a machine!  Also, I love how quirky they are, ex. having washing/drying machines on stage for every show, etc.  I'll definitely try to get tickets again when they come back next!

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #942 of 4,133
Quote:
I agree, it was a very fun concert!  Neil Peart, what a machine!  Also, I love how quirky they are, ex. having washing/drying machines on stage for every show, etc.  I'll definitely try to get tickets again when they come back next!

haha yeah, gotta love his spinning drum kit. I kept staring at that popcorn maker, it was mesmerizing 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #943 of 4,133
Quote:
haha yeah, gotta love his spinning drum kit. I kept staring at that popcorn maker, it was mesmerizing 
biggrin.gif

I love how he has 2 completely separate kits - the acoustic kit on the one side, and the electronic one on the other.  So many possibilities!!  

Lots of drummers that have lots of drums just hide behind them, but that is definitely not the case with him.  My favorite solo of the night was the one where he started with just the bass drum and the snare, and moved out from there!

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #944 of 4,133
So my Sansa Fuze is slowly dying. Anyone have a cheap dap they'd like to sell/trade me?

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #945 of 4,133
Quote:
So my Sansa Fuze is slowly dying. Anyone have a cheap dap they'd like to sell/trade me?

Crazy how me and you seem to go through the same stages of gear replacement. I just received a Studio V Player yesterday and although the UI can be buggy it sounds quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back