Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Aug 24, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #646 of 4,133
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone would be interested in an Audio-gd C-2.1 headphone amp? It comes with a Moon OPA, as well as the stock OPA if you decide to try swapping it.
I am the second owner, purchased recently off Head-fi from a guy who had it for a short while only (just over a month). It is in like-new condition, not a blemish or scratch to be seen.
My reason for selling is that I'm looking to get into car audio, thus I need to liquidate some of my assets to fund said venture.

If you are interested or simply have a few questions, feel free to inbox me and I'd be happy to work something out.

Thanks,
Zach

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #647 of 4,133

Quote:
I like that a lot.  What shop is it from, and do they have other tins?

They have lots of tins there but they're all the same dimensions and they're all of Marilyn Monroe. I think they have 2 or 3 different designs of her though. You'll find the vendor on the second floor in one of the hallway kiosks. If I remember right it's not to far from that large arts and crafts store. The arts and crafts store has two entrance's one leads to a walkway that overlooks the bottom floor the other entrance leads to a hallway with small stores on one side and small kiosks on the other its right around there. The kiosk I bought it from also sells handmade jewellery and stuff. You'll have to keep your eyes open and look through each kiosk maybe even ask each vendor or risk missing it. I found my tin by fluke and when I asked the merchant if he had anymore he opened a couple of drawers and bought out a whole bunch to show me. If you want a better idea of the tins dimensions and whats inside you can see some pics in Nathan's DIY album on his profile page. Nathan put it together for me. The link to his album is below

http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/42616/user_id/136355

If you want a better idea dimension wise I have a few pics of the tin lying beside an altoids tin. PM me and I'll send them to your in box

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #648 of 4,133
Cool, I'll see what they've got next time I'm in the Peg.  I'm not much of a Marilyn fan, though that's only due to lack of exposure.  Maybe I'll check ebay for other arty tins too.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #649 of 4,133
Hey guys, I've been tentatively put on the loaner review program for the Apex Butte amp offered through TTVJ. (some product info/review here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/butte-headphone-amplifier-apex-hi-fi)
Tentative because we're not too sure how to work the shipping into this yet.

If anyone here is interested in helping to write a review, let me know.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #651 of 4,133

Quote:
Haha, so when are we going to have another meet?

Quote:
And I'm back.  Its been a while since I was on the forum here!  Congrats Iain on winning your new project, I look forward to potentially hearing it some time, and I really like your choice of housing.  I'd also like to throw my hat into the fall meet ring.  I'll finally meet some of the new Winnipeg head-fiers!  

Nathan, as I'm sure you know I am always interested in a bbq, and the first one worked out really well so I think thats a great plan, although we'd need to figure out where we were having it.  I may be able to host it this time if we're looking for a good outdoor space, but I'd have to check the dates before totally committing to that.  

Hope everyone's been having a great summer!

We're still running on a tentative Sept 27th unless someone says otherwise. Andrew said he might host?... he hasn't said anything since last time. If he can't do it, then I'll offer up my place again (Fort Richmond, near the U of M)

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #652 of 4,133
It's possible my mother in-law could be convinced to host in Osborne Village, too.  I'd love to hear her Esoteric cdp through a tube amp like your Crack or S.E.X., Nathan.

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #653 of 4,133
Ok, so possible locations:

cyberidd - ??
acidbasement mother in law - Osborne Village
Armaegis - Fort Richmond (bbq?)

Mine's available for sure (I'll just have to clean up the garage a bit/a lot). Haven't heard back from cyberidd. Iain, let us know if your inlaw's place is ok (which I suppose would be more convenient for you with all your other family stuff going on).

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #654 of 4,133
Well, it's more convenient in some ways, but in others it might not be ideal now that I think about it.  My kids can be pretty darn loud.

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #656 of 4,133

Quote:
It's ok I'll bring some speakers!

If you're going to bring speakers go hardcore or go home

Mythless for some reason I see you being like the dude in the picture 20 years from now lol

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #658 of 4,133

Quote:
lol, no room to carry those in my car!  Nice setup though.  The drivers look to be JBL.

Not sure what they are I just ran across the pic on a post a pic head fi thread lemme do some quick googling......

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #659 of 4,133

Quote:
Well, it's more convenient in some ways, but in others it might not be ideal now that I think about it.  My kids can be pretty darn loud.

It'll be a good test of the isolation of our cans!

Location wise Osborne is more central for everybody, rather than my place which is way down in the south end. 

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #660 of 4,133
Crud I can't find a thing concerning those speakers in the pic. I wonder what the story and specs on that setup is? I tried using the name of the pic ( reyaudio8 ) as a point of search and I keep running across JBL car stereo speakers so you might be right Mythless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back