Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jun 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #556 of 4,133

Quote:
Ehm. Sandeep is Deeplogic. D double E, P. None of this dip nonsense. False Sandeeps those are. True Story.

My humblest of apologies.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
If we do get something like vinyl appearing.  I think there should be some matter of liability being more serious than usual.  I know for myself, while I'm not too worried of my turntable breaking, I'm worried about my stylus.  Accidents do happen and styluses are more prone to accidents, happened to me once and I had to buy another stylus after Jico price hike of 30%..  Not to sound arrogant or snobby but, I think the whole policy of "you break it you buy it" should be in more serious effect if individuals were to bring in their listening gears and LPs. 

Such a policy works for me.  I've still got the original box for my Rega P3, so it's ready to travel.

Hey DigitalFreak, I'd like to try out your iGrados at the next meet if you still have them then.  Or if you intend to sell them, let me know before you list them online.

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #557 of 4,133

Quote:
My humblest of apologies.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Such a policy works for me.  I've still got the original box for my Rega P3, so it's ready to travel.

Hey DigitalFreak, I'd like to try out your iGrados at the next meet if you still have them then.  Or if you intend to sell them, let me know before you list them online.

Haha, which turntable & cartridge should I bring?  So many choices...

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #558 of 4,133
Sorry I couldn't make it to this meet guys, I definitely would have liked too. Next time.

In other news, just updated the inventory a bit. Audio gd C-2.1 is on the way, and the Hsu HB-1 mk2's just came in the mail. Shipping from Hsu was ridiculous, so I picked these up off Kijiji (guy was in Ontario, got him to ship them over). So far they sound incredible, dare I say better than my Monitor Audio RX1's?

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #559 of 4,133
Hey guys I ran across a recent sale on headphones. For those interested the AKG K121 are being blown out 50% off at Long & McQuade.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/12810/Pro_Audio_Recording/Headphones/AKG/K121_Studio_-_Semi_Open_Headphones.htm

The price seems pretty decent anyone have any experience with this model of AKG?

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #561 of 4,133
It's an ok price now considering that they were overpriced to begin with. I haven't heard the K121, but they're basically the entry level version of their studio line.

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #562 of 4,133
Just bought a pair of 121's from L&M. First they are not yet broken in, secondly, they are being driven by my computer, so odds are stacked against them. None-the-less, they are detailed, and VERY ENGAGING. You will get SO much for 60 bucks, you must buy them. I am going to get a second pair, they are pretty much free considering what you get. Treble is a bit harsh but fun, bass is light but still deep. I enjoy these, and feel like I have gotten a great bargain.

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #563 of 4,133

Quote:
It's an ok price now considering that they were overpriced to begin with. I haven't heard the K121, but they're basically the entry level version of their studio line.

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw the flyer. I once demoed the K271 MKII and liked them for certain music. The HP doesn't seem to mesh well with all my music.

Oh by the way my  Bayer DT1350 soap opera continues. I talked to the clerk a week ago and he said he would try and email me a arrival date for my HP. I waited 5 days with no email so I emailed some guy whose supposed to be in charge of customer  service (found his email addy on the McQuade site) and got a reply the next day. First he apologized for the long wait and the employee not following up with the promised email then he looked into it himself. Long story short they're on their way by boat, (yes you read right by boat) to Canada from Europe. So much for there probably being a pair in their warehouse down east which was the original story I got when I ordered them. Considering all the time I've had to wait these new HP they better do everything under the sun. Never thought it would take this long to get a simple pair of HP.
confused_face.gif

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #564 of 4,133
Hi guys hope you are all having a good Sunday. I'm throwing this post up as a way of asking for help with a certain thread I started. I got the idea originally from Armaegis when I ran across his master list thread concerning where to order gear from Canadian sites. I modified his original idea a bit and instead of listing Canadian hi fi gear sites my thread would consist of a master list of legal music download sites that offered lossless music downloads. I'm hoping to generate enough interest to compile a decent sized list that will be beneficial to all the members of head-fi. If anyone knows of such a site please feel free to hit the link below and throw your two cents in.

Thanks in advance

Arly
Bless \m/

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/558074/where-to-download-lossless-music

Jun 15, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #566 of 4,133
Anyone here have some headphones with busted drivers they'd like to donate or sell for cheap? I have some ortho drivers that need a new housing but I managed to fix what I previously thought was a broken headphone, so now I need a new foster shell.

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #569 of 4,133
Probably in a few weeks, but no plans yet.  My dad drives in often though, so it would be easy to send them with him if you could meet him somewhere.

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #570 of 4,133
That could work. I was kinda looking for something more modern though. Feels kinda silly to replant an ortho driver into an even older ortho shell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back