Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Apr 2, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #481 of 4,133
I spoke with them a few months ago and they said they were going to be moving up onto bigger/higher end amps. It's possible they simply won't be making any more KICAS.

edit: I'm in the middle of building a bunch of amps though (a20, M3, b22, with some "upgrade" concepts from Jan Meier's amps) and will likely sell them when I'm done, so if anyone's interested give me a holler.

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #483 of 4,133

Quote:
Swing Radio, Tuesday 2-3pm. I can look into ad rates for you if that's something you're interested in, and I can even do the voicework if you like.

So you do a show at 101.5, that's pretty good  I worked there back in the 70's before it closed down. I looked after production and engineering. I know the person who turned off the transmitter when they went off the air.

Steve

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #484 of 4,133

Quote:
Yeah, I know enough hippies in Winnipeg from when I lived there (as a hippie) that I can probably sell a fair few there just to friends.  Most likely I'll also build a website with 360 degree photos, similar to streetview, so that people can get a sense of what goes on at our farm.  Maybe I'll set up a booth at one of the farmer's markets for awhile too, more for the purpose of handing out promo/business cards than selling.

You might want to think about hooking up with other farmers. A lot more co-ops are springing up in the city. I'm currently a member of the Harvest Moon Food Initiative. A bunch of farmers banding together to help promote themselves and to get great quality foods out to the people. I think they have an info session coming up at the Park Theatre. Think it's in May, it's call In-Farm-ation & Beer. You drink beer and they say stuff. They'll probably have info for your end of the business too. 

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #485 of 4,133
Any of you guys interested in fresh goji berries? They were the big craze before acai berries. My folks grow goji in the garden and harvest quite a bit each year. I tell them they should sell them in small quantities to interested parties, but we've never really looked into it.

Also, when do you guys want to have the next meet?

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #488 of 4,133

Quote:
You might want to think about hooking up with other farmers. A lot more co-ops are springing up in the city. I'm currently a member of the Harvest Moon Food Initiative. A bunch of farmers banding together to help promote themselves and to get great quality foods out to the people. I think they have an info session coming up at the Park Theatre. Think it's in May, it's call In-Farm-ation & Beer. You drink beer and they say stuff. They'll probably have info for your end of the business too. 

Cool, yeah I'll have to get in touch with the Harvest Moon folks, as they've certainly helped to get people interested in making connections with their farmers.  I see that Infarmation and Beer session is May 8 at the Park Theatre.  No chance I'll make it to that one, as I have other plans.  Maybe the next one.

Quote:
Any of you guys interested in fresh goji berries? They were the big craze before acai berries. My folks grow goji in the garden and harvest quite a bit each year. I tell them they should sell them in small quantities to interested parties, but we've never really looked into it.

Also, when do you guys want to have the next meet?

I've never tried goji berries - got any samples?  :)

re: meets, I'll be in the city for probably May 27-29.  I have a wedding to attend on the 28th though, so unless it was really early that day I wouldn't be able to do it.  I may be able to do the weekend prior as well.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #490 of 4,133
I was thinking the weekend prior, but that being Easter weekend I figured people might be busy. I don't think I have any plans that weekend.

I could do the 27th (Wednesday)

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #491 of 4,133

Quote:
I was thinking the weekend prior, but that being Easter weekend I figured people might be busy. I don't think I have any plans that weekend.

I could do the 27th (Wednesday)

I'm fine with any day.  But, I've been pairing down my headphone gear, lol I might as well bring along one of my "lighter" amplifiers as a headphone amp.

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #492 of 4,133
Anyone else up for the 27th? It could just be a little mini meet on short notice. I can send out a notice in the next day or two

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #494 of 4,133
PMs have been sent out for the 27th. Please try to confirm so I can get an idea of how many. Hey Iain, hope you can make this as we picked the day for you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back