Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Feb 9, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #436 of 4,133
There's my LOD!!! Just kidding. Took David's LOD back today, but it turns out, mine appears to be missing since the meet. Home made, but looks almost identical to a Fiio. If anyone happens to come across it, I'd appreciate a note. Thanks, 
Mike

p.s. David, thanks for the tour of your Vintage gear today. When you're sick of that sub let me know. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #438 of 4,133

Quote:
Thanks again for hosting Nathan, and Steve, thanks for bringing your Squeezbox, sorry I didn't know you were leaving early or I would have gotten you to give me the tour before you left. I hope it wasn't too much trouble. Nice to meet the new(er) guys, I look forward to the next meet. 

Mike

If you're interested in the Squeezebox Touch and not too far from the St James area you could come and check it out sometime

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #439 of 4,133
Hi Steve, I'm not in the market for one at the moment, mostly just curious. Thank you very much for the offer to visit, but I can probably wait until the next meet. Are you still in the market for a closed option to your 701's? I've got a pair of Audio Technica A-700's that you could borrow if you'd like to give them a real test drive. Not near the equipment that Lindsay's ATH-W1000X's are, but the basic sound signature was very similar (IMO). Lastly, I have to curse Andrew and Nathan for pointing out the Senn 438's that I almost missed before I left. Liked them so much I had a look for a pair on the forum, and, long story short, they're on their way to YWG as I type!!! Douhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, these meetings are going to cost me a fortune! 

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #440 of 4,133
It's funny, the budget Sennheisers seem to be the ones that we end up impulse buying after meets. After our first meet last summer, several members bought the PX100 after they heard mine.

I used to have a pair of balanced A700's that were very nice. Huuuuuuge soundstage on those things.

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #441 of 4,133

Quote:
Hi Steve, I'm not in the market for one at the moment, mostly just curious. Thank you very much for the offer to visit, but I can probably wait until the next meet. Are you still in the market for a closed option to your 701's? I've got a pair of Audio Technica A-700's that you could borrow if you'd like to give them a real test drive. Not near the equipment that Lindsay's ATH-W1000X's are, but the basic sound signature was very similar (IMO). Lastly, I have to curse Andrew and Nathan for pointing out the Senn 438's that I almost missed before I left. Liked them so much I had a look for a pair on the forum, and, long story short, they're on their way to YWG as I type!!! Douhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, these meetings are going to cost me a fortune! 

Haha, all audio hobbies or hobbies in general will cost some sort of cash. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #442 of 4,133

Quote:

I might be interested in that   I believe I had a listen to them last Sunday but I also listened to a Denon headset but I can't remember the differences in them. What do you think you'd want for them. Perhaps you could send a PM and we'll make arrangements

Steve

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #447 of 4,133
Hey, Im very interested in Winnipeg meet. I wonder when is next meet coming up?
btw, Im new here, and just purchased an akg k701 last month(but i dont have amp and dac yet), also waiting for esw9 which I ordered from amazon today.
(have to burn 2 cans for next 2 months ;-/)
Plz excuse my poor English, I have only been in Canada for 2 yrs as an international student, and nice 2 meet u guys. :-D

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #448 of 4,133
We just had a meet a week ago, so the next one probably won't be for a few months. Some of us just meet up for random gear testing and listening sessions though.

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #450 of 4,133

Quote:
I was thinking 45

Hrmm, I think I might be interested...

Quote:
Q_Q im unlucky...i missed it.  I wish I had came here earlier :-/

Welcome, no worries there will be other meets.  If you're looking for gear I am sure some of us, well...me in particular, are selling some amplifiers if you are in need one one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back