Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Oct 27, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #287 of 4,134
lwc, is that the new 2nd generation Headstage Arrow from Germany? I hope we can work out a time other than Oct. 31st, I'm on the verge of ordering an Arrow myself and would love to preview it before purchasing. How do you like yours? 

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #288 of 4,134
Shall we say a mini meet for noon, Oct 31st? I can host.

No worries SennheiserMiser, we can organize another one later... maybe Nov 15th (Acidbasement says he'll be in town that day, though the 14th is the Sunday).

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #289 of 4,134
I'm in for a meet on the 31st. 

Side note, are we planning to bring food/more than just audio equipment, or will this simply be gear?  I'm fine with either.

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #290 of 4,134
Bring food/snacks, bring gear. It's always more about the social atmosphere for me than the toys. I'm thinking a burger/poutine run afterwards might also be in order.

People please call/pm me for the address.

Quote:
I am interested in attending, fianlly have the arrow amp to bring along.

Now if Mythless can attend, I'd love to compare the Arrow vs the Pico Slim.

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #292 of 4,134

Quote:
Armaegis

... and I got a uDac2 yesterday.

Up first! Pico Slim and Headstage Arrow, 3 rounds or a submission! be sure not to miss the consolation final, uDac against uDac2. 

I've got the latest in-ear fancy to parade around (SM3's), a udac and, most importantly, i'll be sure to bring the 40 sourcream glazed timbits

Oct 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #293 of 4,134
Ahaha, and I just sold the udac2 and K702 this morning. D'oh, talk about timing! I remembering listening to the uDac1 at the first meet though. They're pretty similar, with the uDac2 being a smidge warmer. Still on the slightly colder side of things (compared to my DacDestroyer that is), and there's still a slight volume imbalance at low levels. A great product for its price, though if I already had the uDac1 then I wouldn't consider it a worthwhile upgrade as they're so close.

Oct 31, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #294 of 4,134
Hey guys, don't worry about bringing food. My folks had a potluck tonight and they have tons of leftovers they want us to get rid of.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #297 of 4,134
Well guys, how was the mini meet. Those of us looking forward to the 14th (if that's still in the works) are keen to get a report on the Halloween afternoon activities. Thanks.

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #298 of 4,134
Sorry I couldn't make it out, guess I am still jet lagged.  I have a favor to ask you guys, I am wondering if I can borrow some high impedance headphones?  I have an amp I need to test and I don't have any really high impedance headphones, I'm looking at anything over 1000ohms+ or any headphones that are considered to be "hard to drive."

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #299 of 4,134
It was cool. Just the three of us as lwc couldn't make it and mythless slept in (haha).

Cyberidd brought his Compass and extra sun/earth/moon modules, along with his Beyer DT770/80 and 990/250. HeadCred brought his SM3 and uDac. I had... well, way too much (it's easier just to look at my profile). Also attending despite his absence were Mythless' Kicas amp and Thunderpants.

Man, I need to sell stuff and thin my collection.

Nov 14 looks good to go. I find it's better to just pick a day and see who shows up rather than wobbling around trying to accommodate everyone.

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #300 of 4,134
The meet was good, although small.  The gear that was there was definitely interesting and really emphasized the differences in people's hearing, as well as how different headphones work with different amps, and DACs. 
I was really enjoying Armaegis' Bottlehead Crack DIY tube amp with my DT990, while he wasn't as fond of the pairing.  The K.I.C.A.S. was a pretty big hit, but it didn't play well at all with the 990. 
I also really enjoyed Armaegis' orthos in the HD600 frames, they were great, although the Crack didn't run them very well at all. 

I'm looking forward to the next meet and seeing a few more people out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back