Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Apr 10, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #2,974 of 4,133
Hi guys,

I just wanted to throw out there that we're willing to hold a meet up on a Sunday some time after Easter and before May long weekend. We'll also provide the refreshments and special pricing on almost anything in the store (Bose and Sony excluded). The store will be ours exclusively for the day!

Also, I just got word from Focal that interchangeable ear pads are now shipping so if the thought of Elears with Utopia ear pads gets you excited, we can hook you up. Just let me know if you're interested and we'll work out pricing.

Please reply with which of the following days works best and with any specific gear requests just in case I need to order or borrow something from a supplier.

I am thinking 12-5pm on one of these 3 days:
- Sunday, April 23rd
- Sunday, April 30th
- Sunday, May 7th

Not Sunday, May 14th - That is Mother's Day. Don't forget this important day!

Thanks!

@AdamAtAdvance - I can try and make any of those, although May might be best. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #2,976 of 4,133
Audio-gd has suffered a lot from price creep in recent years. Their stuff was decent when they first started, but with every new generation things only improved a little but prices shot up. Resale also sucks because they put out so many new products it cannibalizes the old line.

I say the best value is to get an amp that's only a single generation old to play with, and sell/recycle for other gear before the next revision drops your resale value again. Skip the dacs for now.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #2,977 of 4,133
I have the audio-gd NBF 15.32 and its great.  Drove my old HE-400i with ease. Black background, sounds great with power hungry low z headphones like Hifiman or Audeze planars (except for the HE-6 heh). 

Sounds a bit thin on my HD800s though. Its my DAC right now - feeding my Bottlehead Speedball. Also has RCA pre-outs that i used for when i had powered ADAM F5s. 

The high end amps get a lot of praise..havent heard any myself. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #2,978 of 4,133
I just sold my U200 because I wanted a Sabre DAC after hearing the one I gave to my friend, so I'm more just interested in hearing the AGD stuff for the sake of understanding what all the hype is about. That said, if @q2klepto could bring his NFB 15 that would definitely be interesting to hear, as I'm always searching for that practically infinite noise floor. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #2,981 of 4,133
(Another) quick question for everyone: just bought a pair of Symphones V7s to fill an empty pair of cans. Anyone ever listen to any Symphones drivers? I gather they are Grado-like but still their own beast.I'd be happy to bring them to our next meet!

Apr 25, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #2,982 of 4,133
@DigitalFreak might be the guy to ask about CIEMs, but I'm not sure if he's still around these days...?

PSB and Paradigm both have one or two iem models, but I'm not sure if they're actually made in Canada. We used to have Clarity Audio, but they may no longer be in business.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #2,983 of 4,133
Ugh, this new layout is annoying. I don't normally browse all the subforums... I'm so used to my subscriptions on the first page.

I'm gonna bookmark this as my start page from now on... https://www.head-fi.org/f/watched/threads

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #2,985 of 4,133
yeah, book marking the subscription page works. I also book marked the "show all subscriptions page".

I am just glad I was eventually able to log on, it would not accept my password and then the "forgot my password" would not send me an email. It took a few hours and a dozen or so tries to get it to work.

the pages don't always load fully either...and the ads are a PITA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back