Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jan 24, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #2,825 of 4,133
I will try to make this one. Will bring Liquid Gold, Carbon, HD800, Noble X, Finder X1, RHA 120i, QP1R, AK380. If there is anything else on my profile you want to hear let me know. Except for the BHSE and 009, that is. You will have to come to my place to hear those. :D

Oh, and if the stars align, I will bring the Echobox Explorer....??? Don't hold your breath on that one, though. :)

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #2,826 of 4,133
I will try to make this one. Will bring Liquid Gold, Carbon, HD800, Noble X, Finder X1, RHA 120i, QP1R, AK380. If there is anything else on my profile you want to hear let me know. Except for the BHSE and 009, that is. You will have to come to my place to hear those. :D

Oh, and if the stars align, I will bring the Echobox Explorer....??? Don't hold your breath on that one, though. :)

Ooooh the Echobox Explorer looks nice. I'm kind of in the market for a DAP right now so I want to try a few out.

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #2,828 of 4,133
LOL, I just remembered I have a Loki on the shelf that I never even tried. I could bring it if you want to see what it can do.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #2,832 of 4,133
  What's its DSD compatibility like? Schiit no longer has it listed. :/

I believe it was one of few dacs made that actually handled DSD properly (ie: not converting to pcm inside like 99% of all dacs out there)

Also, if anyone has any of the Ultrasone stuff I want to give it a try to see if it's really as bad as people say it is...

There were a couple guys from way back in the early days that had some Ultrasones, but I haven't seen them in years. You really aren't missing much.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #2,833 of 4,133
Ooooh the Echobox Explorer looks nice. I'm kind of in the market for a DAP right now so I want to try a few out.

I can tell you Shanling and Aune stuff is not worth it. SoundAware is better, but quite a bit more expensive. The Questyle dap sounds good, but now you're into big bucks.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #2,835 of 4,133
I believe it was one of few dacs made that actually handled DSD properly (ie: not converting to pcm inside like 99% of all dacs out there)

Would I be correct in assuming that the only dacs that handle DSD properly are ones that have native DSD? I would assume that most DACs nowadays do DSD properly, especially ones with the more recent ESS Sabre ES9018/9028 and AKM 449X chipsets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back