Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Dec 15, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #2,702 of 4,133
Haha, nice! Now you just need the TH-900 to round out the collection
cool.gif

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #2,704 of 4,133
Not sure if it's still there, but there was a px-100 on Kijiji for $20 a few days ago.

Ooh found it!
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/winnipeg/headphones-foldable-sennheiser/1223883061?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

These are really great headphones for the price. It was the very first meet that we had, after people heard mine I think two or three of you guys went out and got your own
cool.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #2,705 of 4,133
I'm trading or selling my Stax Lambda Pro and energizer if anyone is interested. Got a job with lots of travel so I want something easier to bring places. Small amount of static when you move the cable in the right ear around (likely loose solder point).

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #2,706 of 4,133
Quick question for everyone: I got a new headphone amplifier (trade in Dan Santoni) and it was dead quiet when I tested at store. Now at home there is power hum (95% sure) in left channel. Anyone have advice, leads on an entry power conditioner? On a bit of a budget but would be happy to hear suggestions or offers. Thanks!

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,708 of 4,133
  I'm trading or selling my Stax Lambda Pro and energizer if anyone is interested. Got a job with lots of travel so I want something easier to bring places. Small amount of static when you move the cable in the right ear around (likely loose solder point).

Let me know if you'd like me to try fixing it for you. It'll probably help the sale value at least.

Quick question for everyone: I got a new headphone amplifier (trade in Dan Santoni) and it was dead quiet when I tested at store. Now at home there is power hum (95% sure) in left channel. Anyone have advice, leads on an entry power conditioner? On a bit of a budget but would be happy to hear suggestions or offers. Thanks!

I've got a few different ones you can try. Drop me a line and we can figure out a time to check. In my experience, chasing down power hum both in home audio and pro use is half voodoo and random luck.

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #2,709 of 4,133
  How do you like the Fostex THX00? I've been tempted to pick up a used pair so I'd (hopefully) have a pair of headphones with more bass.

I love my ebonies!  
I found the mahogany to be a bit too peaky in the highs, the purple hearts fixed the highs but introduced a really thick mid bass, and the ebonies have the same smooth highs as the purple hearts with a more flat mid bass (although they are still a bit v-shaped).    I found the difference between the mahogany and the purple hearts to be larger than the difference between the purple hearts and the ebony.

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #2,710 of 4,133
Hey guys, sorta random but I'm probably kicking out one of my roomies very soon for not paying rent. If anybody knows someone who's looking for a room down in Fort Richmond, please send them my way. I'll provide additional details in PM.

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2,712 of 4,133
 Also, any word on whether we're having a meet any time soon?

I'm open to suggestions from people. We could do one on short notice during Xmas break? Or something next month or whenever.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #2,713 of 4,133
A couple random kijiji finds for you guys:

Denon D2000 - precursor to all the Fostex TH-x00 madness:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/winnipeg/denon-ah-d2000-over-ear-headphone/1225822240?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Some extra pads, always useful for fiddling and modding:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-headphones/winnipeg/audio-technica-headphones-cushion-pad-covers/1223390966?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #2,715 of 4,133

I love my ebonies!  
I found the mahogany to be a bit too peaky in the highs, the purple hearts fixed the highs but introduced a really thick mid bass, and the ebonies have the same smooth highs as the purple hearts with a more flat mid bass (although they are still a bit v-shaped).    I found the difference between the mahogany and the purple hearts to be larger than the difference between the purple hearts and the ebony.

Think I could come demo them around mid January? I'd want to run them off my Schiit Bifrost Uber and GoVibe Martini. (I really should get a proper desktop amp...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back