Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Oct 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,281 of 4,133
These next few weeks are going to be very busy for me, with renos going on at the house.. Unless it's on a weekend I probably won't be able to attend.

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #2,283 of 4,133
I'm open to suggestions guys... Acidbasement originally suggested Oct 14/15/21...

My Fridays/Saturdays are usually busy. Sunday is usually open for me, as is Wed/Thur evenings.

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #2,284 of 4,133
Ive been busy with a new job and trying to get my shop up on the side - Fridays are best for me but looks like no one else ha. Weekday nights are doable for me if not Friday nights

Heres what i can bring

HD800
HE-400i
Audio-gd NFB15

Would especially like to see if i can tell a difference between my amp and amps that supposedly pair better with the hd800

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #2,285 of 4,133
These next few weeks are going to be very busy for me, with renos going on at the house.. Unless it's on a weekend I probably won't be able to attend.

Aw man, I really wanted to hear the Yggy...

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #2,289 of 4,133
  Finally some good news!

Nice!! Now the question is how do they sound?

On initial impressions, I'd put them roughly in the same tier as the he-6; though consider that my HE-6 is modded, I wonder if the 007 has potential to go higher.
- tonally different
- more air, lesser soundstage... yet somehow you feel closer with more immediacy
- bass doesn't reach quite as deep but has a "whippier" characteristic, "faster"
- detailing is quick, more in your face
- narrow dip somewhere in the mids
- better comfort and feels more secure

Currently running them through a Woo WEE. I'm not sure if I want to put down for a dedicated stax amp, though most people say the WEE doesn't do the 007/009 justice so I might not be driving them to their potential.

Hey Bear, how do you feel your WEE compares against the energizers you have? (you still waiting on that BHSE??)

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #2,290 of 4,133
The WEE worked ok with the amp I had it on (topping T32). But the LL2 is much better especially when hooked up to the Yggdrasil.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #2,291 of 4,133

This reminds me, as a sort of random tangent: my folk's have some extra flooring from when they redid their upstairs. It's a really high quality laminate, 12mm thick, about 700 sq ft most of it in boxes. I believe we got it for $6/sqft on sale. Willing to sell cheap, trade for gear, whatever. It's just taking up space, so if anyone's interested or if you know anyone, let me know.

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #2,292 of 4,133
Wow it only took 5 months but my Stax 007 have finally arrived...

Ya! So I get to listen to them next week? :)

Finally some good news!

Also Acid, you missed a helluva show! Good God was it loud though.

Glad it was good. How was attendance?
I'm hoping to drive out to Alberta next month for a couple of Blind Guardian shows, and then going on 70k this winter. But I'm always sad to miss a show at the Zoo, I love that place.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #2,293 of 4,133
Ya! So I get to listen to them next week?
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad it was good. How was attendance?
I'm hoping to drive out to Alberta next month for a couple of Blind Guardian shows, and then going on 70k this winter. But I'm always sad to miss a show at the Zoo, I love that place.

First time at the Zoo so I'm not sure how many people is a good crowd for there, but it wasn't nearly as full as i expected. Maybe 30, 40 tops? I was gonna drive to minneapolis with a friend to see BG but I don't think that's gonna happen. Wish they would come here lol.

Any idea when the Zoo is actually shutting down? UtA kept saying that they were glad to be one of the last bands to play there but nobody seemed to know an actual date.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #2,294 of 4,133
Ya! So I get to listen to them next week?
smily_headphones1.gif

If we're in agreement to do a meetup then, absolutely! (assuming I don't sell or trade them off by then, haha!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back