Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Sep 30, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #2,252 of 4,133
  Guys, I'm off to canjam in a couple of days. You guys want me to check and film anything for you guys while I'm there?

Please check out the LCD4 and report back with a detailed evaluation  :wink:   Really interested in those!  Thanks!

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #2,254 of 4,133
Please check out the LCD4 and report back with a detailed evaluation  :wink:   Really interested in those!  Thanks!

That'll be one of my first stops

I'll keep an eye open for audioGD stuff too

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,255 of 4,133
That'll be one of my first stops

I'll keep an eye open for audioGD stuff too

Awesome! Also Hifiman announced the Edition X, a cheaper trickle down version of the He1000. Not sure if it will be at the show but it would be worth checking out too!

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #2,256 of 4,133
  Guys, I'm off to canjam in a couple of days. You guys want me to check and film anything for you guys while I'm there?

Wow, hope you have a good trip man!!

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,257 of 4,133
Holy moly rare as hen's teeth... http://www.head-fi.org/t/782537/ic-yamaha-yh-5m-ortho-earphone

Like... incredibly stupidly rare.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #2,259 of 4,133
I'd feel better about that if the guy had some feedback, nevermind that he registered just today...

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #2,260 of 4,133
I'm back from CanJam. I think I'm feeling overheated from to much audio gear. Never saw so much crazy sounding stuff in one place in my life.

To answer a request the Hifiman Edition X sounded fabulous. It's very much a baby sounding HE1000. The awesome part about it, it's very easy to drive. You can drive it quite well with a DAP.

The LCD-4 sounded quite nice too and was a nice update. Seems like each new rendition of the LCD line walks closer and closer towards the neutral line. The house sound Audeze is known for is still there but the new flagship is more neutral and every bit more refined sounding then the 3.

The two manufacturers that stole the show for me was Final Audio and MrSpeakers.

The EtherC kicks ass and although closed it does not sound like a closed back. Matter of fact, it sounds more open then some open backs I can name.

I tried various IEMs from Final Audio and the company puts out IEMs that are all that plus a bag of chips with a can of coke. The flagship sounded crazy detailed. Also, their new lineup of headphones were also impressive and looked every bit the part of royalty. What's that mean? It means their headphones were built from premium materials and very well constructed as well as comfortable. To bad other manufacturers can't follow suit with their own top tier cans and use such extravagant materials.

Overall it was a fun time, albeit, I got home exhausted. I'm all head-died out. I slept from when I got home at 6 PM until almost 11AM the next day

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #2,263 of 4,133
  Nice! Any word on the HE-X pricing? Baby HE-1000 - as in smaller sound stage? 

I thought I read 1.3k somewhere?... don't quote me on that though.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #2,264 of 4,133
I thought I read 1.3k somewhere?... don't quote me on that though.

I only got under 2000. They haven't decided on pricing yet.

The HE X isn't as capable as the flagship. From what I could gather it's a product based on the same technology. The sound stage isn't small but it isn't as well defined as the HE1000

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #2,265 of 4,133
Under $2k? That still puts it in LCD 2/3 and HD800 price categories...this might be what im looking for as my next upgrade :) Assuming its on par with those 2 but with the HE-1000 sound (a bit fuller/smoother than the 800, from what i hear) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back