Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jun 21, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #3,931 of 4,133
No worries @rifi

Alright everyone, my place down in Fort Richmond it is, this Sunday @1pm. Message me for my address if you don't have it. The canker worms are mostly all gone now so it's no longer a webby nightmare down there. Hopefully the weather holds out.

Jun 25, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #3,933 of 4,133
Thanks again for hosting Nathan! Was great to get back into it and see some familiar faces. I did some more testing with my k702s when I got home and it doesn't seem to be a cable issue, but something with the connection point, or cable between the earcups. If I twist the left cup there's a point where it starts to work again.

So uhh, anyone selling open headphones under $300? 😂

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #3,934 of 4,133
Thanks again for hosting Nathan! Was great to get back into it and see some familiar faces. I did some more testing with my k702s when I got home and it doesn't seem to be a cable issue, but something with the connection point, or cable between the earcups. If I twist the left cup there's a point where it starts to work again.

If you want I could take a look and see if I could fix them. Pretty nimble with a soldering iron...

Jun 25, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #3,938 of 4,133

Well if my other sale falls through and Rifi can't fix your AKG, you interested in the ETA Mini S?

Jun 30, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #3,942 of 4,133
anyone tried the hifiman 400se? hifiman has b stocks on sale for $79 right now, which is a tempting backup in case my 702's are toast.

sounds good. hope all goes well!
I have finally escaped the grip of our health care system. Let me know if you have time next week to meet up and let me have a look at your 702s.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #3,944 of 4,133
anyone tried the hifiman 400se? hifiman has b stocks on sale for $79 right now, which is a tempting backup in case my 702's are toast.

Not the se version, but I used to have the 400 years ago. If they're similar, the $79 is a great price. Even if the sound isn't fully to your liking, Hifimans are easy to open up and stuff things inside to mod the sound to your tastes.

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #3,945 of 4,133
Not the se version, but I used to have the 400 years ago. If they're similar, the $79 is a great price. Even if the sound isn't fully to your liking, Hifimans are easy to open up and stuff things inside to mod the sound to your tastes.
There is also always EQ: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ll-which-he400se-eq-preset-sounds-best.38571/. As @Rubin can attest, I am a huge proponent of EQ/convolution. Not something I thought I would be if you had asked me 5 or 6 years ago, but I really think it is a critical tool in your audio tool box. Not a blank cheque to hifi bliss, but certainly a Christmas bonus that can help your money/DIY work go the extra mile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back