Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jul 27, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #3,601 of 4,133
On another but related note, I bought some new gear this week, but I had to buy a pair of headphones to get a discount on what I really wanted (RME adi-2 fs). Now I have a pair of Sennheiser HD560 That I do not need. still BNIB and happy to give other head-fiers a discount on them. PM me if you are interested. I am hoping to get $225 for them but would negotiate if you really want them and/or have interesting trade ideas.

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #3,603 of 4,133
Here's let's try this, I've created a doodle with ten options: Friday evening, Sat afternoon, Sat evening, Sun afternoon, Sun evening (all repeated the next week). Times aren't really set in stone, I just broadly marked them off for afternoon vs evening.

Please click on this link and choose the options that work for you.
https://doodle.com/poll/ixddqzreigubp2cw?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

I'm not available Sunday evening, but everything else is open.

Paging @Velomane @Viper2005 @rifi @Rubin @sckeith @dbw1 @Beefy @dscythe @Awah @zoobabwa

Rubin, can you page Kai? his forum handle has some hyphens and stuff in it and I can't get the call out to work properly

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #3,605 of 4,133
New gear that I will bring out:
SPL Phonitor 2 (headamp and preamp that can also output to multiple different things)
SPL Mercury (dac)
Bryston BHA-1
Schiit Jotunheim 2
RME Babyface Pro FS
Schiit Eitr
Schiit Wyrd

Headphones I can bring:
Hifiman HE-6
Sennheiser HD25-13 (600 ohm)

Stuff I wasn't planning to bring but if there's interest I can pack it up:
Prism Lyra
SPL s800 (speaker amp, but I use it for headphones)
Sennheiser HD650

The BHA-1 and Jot2 I got out of curiosity and I plan to sell them if anyone is interested.

Jul 27, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #3,606 of 4,133
New gear that I will bring out:
SPL Phonitor 2 (headamp and preamp that can also output to multiple different things)
SPL Mercury (dac)
Bryston BHA-1
Schiit Jotunheim 2
RME Babyface Pro FS
Schiit Eitr
Schiit Wyrd

Headphones I can bring:
Hifiman HE-6
Sennheiser HD25-13 (600 ohm)

Stuff I wasn't planning to bring but if there's interest I can pack it up:
Prism Lyra
SPL s800 (speaker amp, but I use it for headphones)
Sennheiser HD650

The BHA-1 and Jot2 I got out of curiosity and I plan to sell them if anyone is interested.
I’m curious what you like better, Bryston BHA-1 or Benchmark AHB2

Jul 27, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #3,607 of 4,133
I had dual AHB2's for a while, but sold them off because the curiosity for new things got the better of me. I am using the SPL s800 on my HE-6 at the moment, which I *like* more as it has more body to it, but I find it more difficult to tell the difference between dacs so it's either the resolution is a tad lower or I'm still adjusting to the new sound.

If I had to give a single word to the BHA-1, it would be impactful. It only just arrived though, so I can't say much more beyond that.

Jot2 was a surprise yet not a surprise. Super forward sound. Currently on loan to Rubin.

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #3,609 of 4,133
Border is still closed right? Would be interested in coming if it opens.... OK so it looks like it might open in September??? Sigh... Have fun guys... :frowning2:

Jul 27, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #3,611 of 4,133
Our learned friend is in Minnesota.

bear, the following is from the Canadian government's website:
"As a first step, starting August 9, 2021, Canada plans to begin allowing entry to American citizens and permanent residents, who are currently residing in the United States, and have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering Canada for non-essential travel."

It would seem you would be welcome to visit us.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #3,613 of 4,133
Currently planning to bring the following:
  • Moondrop Aria (excellent all rounder worthy of the hype, imo)
  • Audeze LCD-XC 2021 (unimpressed by this so far, planning on returning it)
  • Audeze LCD-R (all aboard the hype train! Still waiting on delivery of this one)
  • Audeze iSine10 (requires elaborate EQ but currently my favorite)
If there are more than 5 people coming, we'll need to limit 5 inside at a time I believe. Maybe we can have listening indoors and hanging out outdoors? Sophie can be the bouncer to ensure the indoor limit.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #3,614 of 4,133
Doodle currently shows Fri or Sat evening as the best times.

If it's not raining, we can set up a table or something outside too. I do have portable tables I can bring if needed.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #3,615 of 4,133
Hey folks!
I’m available anytime on the weekend of the 13th.
Anyone have requests for specific equipment you would like me to bring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back