Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Dec 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,909 of 4,134
I probably wont be able to make it :frowning2: 

Sold my Emotiva a few days ago, as well as my Logitech UE6000s

Just have my Aune T1 and HE-400i's and Adam Monitors which i probably wont lug around heh

Whats the address incase i can make it out? 

Is there a list of gear people might take? 

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,911 of 4,134
I'm in Winnipeg for a family holiday weekend but I didn't bring any gear. I'll pop by on Sunday if I can make a bit of time.

Too bad you didn't make it. Lots of shiny toys today!

Hey Viper, I managed to fix your adapter. Not only were the wires not soldered to the proper pins of the XLR (originally pins 2 and 3 were reversed), but there was also a short in the barrel of the TRS jack.

As a side note, if anyone comes across a used Wyrd or if you're ordering anything from Schiit in the future, I might be interested in one.

Now to decide if I want to start saving up for a Rag/Yggy combo...

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #1,912 of 4,134

Too bad you didn't make it. Lots of shiny toys today!

Hey Viper, I managed to fix your adapter. Not only were the wires not soldered to the proper pins of the XLR (originally pins 2 and 3 were reversed), but there was also a short in the barrel of the TRS jack.

As a side note, if anyone comes across a used Wyrd or if you're ordering anything from Schiit in the future, I might be interested in one.

Now to decide if I want to start saving up for a Rag/Yggy combo...

Thank you for fixing my adapter, I'm not sure how the adapter could have passed Frank's QC with 2 shorts like that!  
eek.gif

Again, thanks for hosting another fun meet Nathan!   Had a great time as always.

Toys that were at the meet:

Amps:
Schiit Ragnarok
Violectric V281
NuForce HA-200

Sources:
PS Audio Perfectwave DAC2
Yulong DA8
Echo2 
Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Headphones:
HifiMan HE-6
HifiMan HE-400i
Audeze LCD-X
Sennheiser HD800

Have a great Christmas, everyone!  
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #1,913 of 4,134
I think it's funny that while I was the first to hop onto the monoblock setup, my rig is now the smallest one...

I really like the Rag, but man I wish it weren't so big. I've been spoiled by class D speaker amps. My entry into powering the HE-6 was entirely off my Nuforce Icon2 which was both dac and amp. I miss when my entire rig was the size of a book
rolleyes.gif

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #1,914 of 4,134
Hey guys, I'll be heading to Grand Forks next weekend. Anything down there you would like me to pick up? (or pick up from a depot?)

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,915 of 4,134
Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet, guys.  We had to split the kids' time between two divorced grandparents, so there was no opportunity for me to duck out with the car.

Looks like a nice assortment of gear!  What is the black stack, front and center in the first photo?

Maybe in the spring I'll see if my mother in-law wants to host you guys, so that she can compare her ESP-950 to the HE-6, various Audez'e, and HD800.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,916 of 4,134
  Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet, guys.  We had to split the kids' time between two divorced grandparents, so there was no opportunity for me to duck out with the car.

Looks like a nice assortment of gear!  What is the black stack, front and center in the first photo?

Maybe in the spring I'll see if my mother in-law wants to host you guys, so that she can compare her ESP-950 to the HE-6, various Audez'e, and HD800.

bottom: Yulong power conditioner
middle: Yulong DA8
top: Logitech Squeezebox Touch
hidden behind it: Apple Airport Express

It was a really slick setup from Viper. He had a library of music on a usb drive plugged into the back of the Squeezebox, and everything was networked and controlled through his phone.

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #1,918 of 4,134
Well that's an interesting little diddy. There's a passing resemblance to the Bravo Ocean amp.

Dec 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #1,920 of 4,134
Viper2005, nice assortment of gear there! Definitely next time I'm in Winnipeg for a family visit...I might have to try to get my ears on that Ragnarok!

(Disclaimer:Transplanted Winnipegger now living on the west coast)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back