Winnipeg Hearing Centres: Experience with custom molds (or alternative recommendations)?
Aug 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JayMitch

Head-Fier
I'm considering taking the plunge into the world of CIEM's with the Heir Audio 4.A firmly in my sights (at least for now).  Winnipeg Hearing Centres (www.winnipeghearing.com) are listed among partners for Etymotic and ACS and a recent chat with them suggests they know what they're doing.  They sell other custom products including audio so have experience in this regard.  That said, interested in hearing of any first hand experience or alternatives from others in the area.  Absolutely want to avoid any fit issues with the 4.A's. 

Thanks.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm in the same boat you are my friend. I'm craving a Heir Audio, UERM or a UM Miracle as my final say in mobile gear and the few places I've looked into don't even seem to know what I'm talking about when I tell them I want impressions for customs.

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I'm in the same boat you are my friend. I'm craving a Heir Audio, UERM or a UM Miracle as my final say in mobile gear and the few places I've looked into don't even seem to know what I'm talking about when I tell them I want impressions for customs.

It seemed to go well. I went in prior to ask if they provide the service and noticed they actually carry a line of musician CIEM's and plugs (can't recall name). So they do have experience with this sort of thing, and they are listed among the network of audiologists by Etymotic and ACS which hopefully says something. I brought in the instruction page from Heir's website that details the mold requirements (material, depth, mouth position) and she seemed to have followed the process. Although one of my molds got redone (same sitting) as the first developed an air pocket and didnt' go far enough. Second was fine. Shipped both off to Heir's US receiving facility and they were inspected and approved and have since been sent off to China.

Next question now is if the overall fit is good which has me anxious. Probably won't see the 4.A's until mid-to-late next month so fingers crossed. First CIEM's so don't know what to expect.

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 6
Funny - as soon as I finished this and got back to working through the morning's e-mails I noticed a message from Heir confirming they now have my molds at their lab and should start building shortly.  Pretty excited.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Let me know how it turns out, you and me are probably one of the few in river city who have even heard of customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back