Windows 11 Bluetooth codecs
Jan 9, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #32 of 61
If your earbuds support both AAC & aptX (they all support SBC by default) and are using AAC in Windows but you want them to use aptX then do as it shows you in post #13 and #19 and if you do not have that entry by default add it.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #40 of 61
im updated to latest BT drives my laptop acer predator 500. how to activate aptx codec?
If you can wait for a few hours, I can help you. I am at work now, I finish after 7 hours.

Post a link of your laptop from the Acer website and your version of Windows.

Which Bluetooth device(s) are you trying to connect?

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #41 of 61
If you can wait for a few hours, I can help you. I am at work now, I finish after 7 hours.

Post a link of your laptop from the Acer website and your version of Windows.

Which Bluetooth device(s) are you trying to connect?
windows11. bluetooth works,but simply. non acc,non aptx. genuine standart from acer laptop. want aptx. connecting. focal bathys,fiio utws5, hifiman ananda bt ,amiron wireless,beyerdynamic aventho. every works but simply bluetooth connection.

Jan 9, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #42 of 61
Jan 10, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #44 of 61
I saw your post about the Bluetooth codecs supported on Windows 11 and I'm actually thinking of upgrading to Windows 11 on my PC soon. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that I use regularly and I'm wondering if they will still work after the upgrade.
From what I understand, SBC and AAC are definitely supported on Windows 11, but I'm not sure about aptX. I've seen some people on Reddit talking about finding windows 10 product key reddit, so I'm not sure if there might be some compatibility issues. Perhaps, with certain codecs if you're using a key like that. Do you have any insight on this?
all works,update from win10 to win11 is free

Jan 10, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #45 of 61
Win 10//11 had aptX added well before AAC was added not that long ago.

I disabled AAC/aptX Adaptive is the FiiO App so it had to use SBC or aptX for this example.

MS being dumb have put AAC above aptX so if you want aptX and your buds also support AAC you need to edit the REG.

2023-01-10.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back