WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads!
Nov 6, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #61 of 95
I have also NOT received any confirmation email.

me neither, oh inb4thisisjustsomemarketinggimmick

on the positive side those semi creep ear massage adds from Sennhieser are pretty awesome :3, they are JUST creepy enough to be cool imo 

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #63 of 95
It is pretty neat the way they can dangle a pair of 800s and get you to give up all kinds of information, and even reward you with more entries(better chance at "winning") for getting your friends to sign up themselves and their friends; and so on and so on....kinda like an info gathering pyramid scheme.  Pretty handy for HDTracks to learn a part of their "prime" demographics.....:wink:, the more you share the better your chances of winning!...well sorta...more contestants too...  Heh, I even signed up for twitter....something I swore I would never do on principle alone....to get a "better chance" to win(like I need it...lol). 

Not complaining, yeah I threw my name in the hat(no email back either though), but I am truly impressed with the "contest" and all its treasures...kudos.

I hope they have my address correct....because again...I KNOW that I am going to win these.   :)  ...oh and HDtracks for a year too!!(almost forgot that part...hehe)

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #64 of 95
  It is pretty neat the way they can dangle a pair of 800s and get you to give up all kinds of information, and even reward you with more entries(better chance at "winning") for getting your friends to sign up themselves and their friends; and so on and so on....kinda like an info gathering pyramid scheme.  Pretty handy for HDTracks to learn a part of their "prime" demographics.....:wink:, the more you share the better your chances of winning!...well sorta...more contestants too...  Heh, I even signed up for twitter....something I swore I would never do on principle alone....to get a "better chance" to win(like I need it...lol). 

Not complaining, yeah I threw my name in the hat(no email back either though), but I am truly impressed with the "contest" and all its treasures...kudos.

I hope they have my address correct....because again...I KNOW that I am going to win these.   :)  ...oh and HDtracks for a year too!!(almost forgot that part...hehe)

lol Prime Demographic... yea half of us here still feel that anything beyound 24/96 is just a waste, heck I don't even download 24/96 as much any moar. seeing that to benifit from it I'd need to listen at dangerously loud levels [still get a few albums in the format when nessicary] 

Though I do know own a Sennhesier HD 600... so something must have worked on Sennheisers part 

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #65 of 95
So the contest has ended. Has anyone actually won? I feel like this was a scam. No confirmation email? Posts about the contest on my FB and Twitter disappeared? Seems legit huh?

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #66 of 95
So the contest has ended. Has anyone actually won? I feel like this was a scam. No confirmation email? Posts about the contest on my FB and Twitter disappeared? Seems legit huh?

5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS/ODDS: One winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held after November 8, 2014, 5 a.m. (EST). The Winner will be selected from entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential winner will be notified via email to the email address submitted with the potential winner's entry within twenty four (24) hours after the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected at random. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be randomly selected.

6. PRIZES: SENNHEISER HD 800 HEADPHONES, 300 GBP, USD, or EURO HDtracks Gift Certificate depending on the resident country of the winner. Prize will be delivered after November 15, 2014, 5 a.m. (EST). The Prize will be delivered to the winning entrant's address or at the sole option and discretion of the contest sponsor to a recipient designated by the contest winner. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. All taxes and other charges are responsibility of the winner. No substitutions allowed. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Prize package, and are solely the winner's responsibility.

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #67 of 95

Thursday I tried going back to copy and paste my affiliate link that they provide you after entering so that you can earn extra entries, but the punchtab entry thing was gone. :/ I wanted to see if I could get at least one more entry and maybe an email confirmation, but that was a no go. I hope the whole contest isn't moot, and that I won! Lol. I guess we'll see soon enough..

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #68 of 95
"Someone" is going to win....probably someone that can write reviews very well.  And someone who probably already has the 800s or at least the means to buy them outright.  This was a marketing info-gathering "scam" from the beginning....  Welcome to Capitalism 101...  their ONLY interest is making money for their shareholders.  They are definitely not losing any money on this giveaway...no they are probably actually saving/making money.  We did all the "hard work"(accessing our info) for them...

Now that HDtracks has ALL that info you/we allowed them access to; they can start data mining our stuff and make products "better suited to us".  Right?

Sounds good in theory....

But what about the evil side of data mining?  Pretty intricate EULA....bet they paid someone more to write/review the EULA alone than the "value" of the 800's(oh..and HDtracks for a year..almost forgot).  They could give away ten pairs and it still probably wouldnt come close to the "cost" of all this "free" marketing and consumer information extrapolated by this "contest/drawing".   Kinda surprised to see it on this board to be honest...guess they know "someone"?
cool.gif

Starting to feel a bit weary since I havent received my "WINNING!" notification yet, of course I never received any conformation that I was actually entered the contest....except for all the annoying "Twitters" I get since I signed up for that....schtuff; so off to my cave I will sulk...cant even look at my crappy old Beyer's now, I feel like I have betrayed them.  I hope they will take me back....
rolleyes.gif
  But I think they know that they will never sound as good as FREE(lol) 800's...

//////off to the looney bin.....
confused_face_2.gif
.......Salisbury Steak Saturday!!!!!!
deadhorse.gif
(yes the horse's name was "Salisbury".....hey things gettin' "lean" 'round here..sorry PETA!)

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #69 of 95
  "Someone" is going to win....probably someone that can write reviews very well.  And someone who probably already has the 800s or at least the means to buy them outright.  This was a marketing info-gathering "scam" from the beginning....  Welcome to Capitalism 101...  their ONLY interest is making money for their shareholders.  They are definitely not losing any money on this giveaway...no they are probably actually saving/making money.  We did all the "hard work"(accessing our info) for them...

Now that HDtracks has ALL that info you/we allowed them access to; they can start data mining our stuff and make products "better suited to us".  Right?

But what about the evil side of data mining?  Pretty intricate EULA....bet they paid someone more to write/review the EULA alone than the "value" of the 800's(oh..and HDtracks for a year..almost forgot).  They could give away ten pairs and it still probably wouldnt come close to the "cost" of all this "free" marketing and consumer information extrapolated by this "contest/drawing".   Kinda surprised to see it on this board to be honest...guess they know "someone"?
cool.gif

Starting to feel a bit weary since I havent received my "WINNING!" notification yet, of course I never received any conformation that I was actually entered the contest....except for all the annoying "Twitters" I get since I signed up for that....schtuff; so off to my cave I will sulk...cant even look at my crappy old Beyer's now, I feel like I have betrayed them.  I hope they will take me back....
rolleyes.gif
  But I think they know that they will never sound as good as FREE(lol) 800's...

//////off to the looney bin.....
confused_face_2.gif
.......Salisbury Steak Saturday!!!!!!
deadhorse.gif
(yes the horse's name was "Salisbury".....hey things gettin' "lean" 'round here..sorry PETA!)

Ahh nothing like the smell of conspiracy in the morning

though to some extent I'm with you. The differance is that I don't quite care. I needed a twitter, and made one for something else early that week. An I've got a budding youtube page that could use an HD 800 review

either way best of luck to u all 

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #70 of 95
  Ahh nothing like the smell of conspiracy in the morning

though to some extent I'm with you. The differance is that I don't quite care. I needed a twitter, and made one for something else early that week. An I've got a budding youtube page that could use an HD 800 review

either way best of luck to u all 

Wait....you can SMELL conspiracy???  I hear Napalm is much more popular....:)  Sounds like you do "quite care" as you hope to burst on to the YT scene with a fantastic review of the FREE headphones you got(a bit biased, no?..but it happens all the time).  Welcome to the inner sanctum of the audio industry's review "conspiracy"....:)...

So any word on that "winner!" yet?

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #71 of 95

Wait....you can SMELL conspiracy???  I hear Napalm is much more popular....:)  Sounds like you do "quite care" as you hope to burst on to the YT scene with a fantastic review of the FREE headphones you got(a bit biased, no?..but it happens all the time).  Welcome to the inner sanctum of the audio industry's review "conspiracy"....:)...

So any word on that "winner!" yet?

YEAP

Actually though, there is FAR to much negative on the internet, to many haters man. I just did a quick hit vid for my HD 600 and you know what... it felt good. I think I mentioned like ONE negative ONE, for like 20 seconds out of the entire 4 min vid. Which I think will be better than 8 mins of HATE or 8 mins of Reapeating your self OVER n OVER n OVER again

but yea, Free HD 800, YEA. No actually if I did win it, I'd proably send it out for a Tour so a LOT of ppl can hear it. Seeing as I don't think I have the right Amp or Dac for it truth b told. 

Then once it got back to me and we had like 10 more reviews of it I'd decide what to do with it then 

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #72 of 95

But what about the evil side of data mining?  Pretty intricate EULA....bet they paid someone more to write/review the EULA alone than the "value" of the 800's(oh..and HDtracks for a year..almost forgot).  They could give away ten pairs and it still probably wouldnt come close to the "cost" of all this "free" marketing and consumer information extrapolated by this "contest/drawing".   Kinda surprised to see it on this board to be honest...guess they know "someone"? :cool:

Starting to feel a bit weary since I havent received my "WINNING!" notification yet, of course I never received any conformation that I was actually entered the contest....except for all the annoying "Twitters" I get since I signed up for that....schtuff; so off to my cave I will sulk...cant even look at my crappy old Beyer's now, I feel like I have betrayed them.  I hope they will take me back....:rolleyes:   But I think they know that they will never sound as good as FREE(lol) 800's...

//////off to the looney bin.....:confused_face_2: .......Salisbury Steak Saturday!!!!!!:deadhorse: (yes the horse's name was "Salisbury".....hey things gettin' "lean" 'round here..sorry PETA!)

My favourite part is this:
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold HDtracks and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back