Win! DAC that LOOKS like a vacuum tube
Jul 29, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 12
Aw, man...here I was, hoping they managed to integrate the filament into the board, wire up the amp to take advantage of the tube from the inside, and recreate the vacuum.

Yes.  :p

I changed the admittedly stupid-sounding title.  lol.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #6 of 12
BEST DAC EVER MADE 
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 12
Different bit rates, sampling frequencies, compression methods, and multi-channel, etc.......

For example, I don't know of many outboard DACs that decode Dolby or DTS.

why does the DAC care what software/site is providing the sound?

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Different bit rates, sampling frequencies, compression methods, and multi-channel, etc.......
For example, I don't know of many outboard DACs that decode Dolby or DTS.

Yes, DACs are typically set up for 2 channel sound.  Even my $1000 DAC is 2 channel.  I know they are out there but I have yet to see a netflix movie in DTS or 5.1.  But it's still going to play the same way your computer will play without it - you'll still have the 2-channel sound.  I'm not familiar with sites playing rates or freqs that a standard DAC wont play - plus most lower end DACs automatically down sample to whatever level they can play - which makes playing easy and convinient though you never really know what rate the DAC is actually operating at.  The point being, you'll be fine. (unless you're actually looking for DTS and in that case don't hold your breath)

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #12 of 12
^ Wait, no, it look like there's tube inside those cage? =>

Specifications
-[size=xx-small] [/size]KR Audio VT20 Dual-Mono "Vacuum Transistor" amplifier.
-[size=xx-small] [/size]2 x KR-01 vacuum kanthal transistors, zero negative feedback
-[size=xx-small] [/size]Output: 2 x 50 watt RMS, in Class A.

=> it's very confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back