Win a SUSVARA
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #603 of 798
I need one so I can walk into an Apple Store, book a genius appointment open the presentation box....explaining how much it costs and how it does not plug into my iPhone 7 .... and get into a debate with someone who thinks thier Beats are much better.... priceless.

I've never owned a Hifiman :frowning2:

Jun 3, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #604 of 798
I own the HE1000 v1, it has been collecting dust since I acquired the Focal Utopia. Maybe if I'm lucky, the SUSVARA would have me singing the praise for HiFiMan again.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #605 of 798
I'd really like to have this one, as I am a student and can not afford the Top-End headphones ( also Hifiman is hard to get here in Europe). I really love planar magnetic headphones and know a couple of people here that love'em too. I would let them all hear the headphone and share the experience! :)

Jun 3, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #606 of 798
The gods of heavy metal say that this headphone must be mine :)

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #607 of 798
I've always been a fan of Hifiman's house sound and comfort. I've owned or tried or gave feedback on the HE-400, 400i, 560, and Edition X. It would be nice to see what your super high end stuff sounds like.

Jun 3, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #608 of 798
I deserve them because they look like an amazingly awe inspiring and classy, and having heard the HE1000, I can only imagine that they will sound awe inspiring and classy. Since I'm an amazingly awesome inspiring and classy guy, it just seems like a good match. :wink:

Plus I promise to take lots of pictures and post reviews!

Jun 3, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #609 of 798
I like how the Susvara looks and I'm guessing I will love it more once I put it on my head, playing my favorite songs! Never been able to own planars before and I'm sure owning the Susvara will be one of the most exciting things in my life!

Jun 4, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #612 of 798
Years ago when we ditched our lumpy diskmans for 64mb mp3 players I had the quest to compress my music to the smallest file size possible, only listening to music with sketchy earphones I bought from a store that would go bankrupt a week after. The result of these bad earphones continued to be that they would break every week, sometimes a month if I got lucky. Otherwise they would tangle my feet in my chain riding my bicycle to school breaking both knees, my bike and worst of all, my earphones. At that point I decided to buy some better quality ones so I wouldn't go and have to replace them all the time and in the long therm throwing away lot's of hard earned money (yes I was still a kid, and wages for kids are just enough to buy yourself a cheap knock-off version of something cool rich parents gave to your snarky spoiled classmate). Blown away by how good my music could also sound I quickly progressed in the quality of equipment I possessed. Later switching from noisy low-res compressed mp3 formats to flac. Every time I bought something better there was no way back, when you're used to something good, you don't want to switch back to music that sounds like it's recorded a phone in the far end of a pop festival submerged in a pint of beer. I bought a crappy car so I could buy a decent headphone (at that time that was the hifiman HE-400), I refrained from buying a guitar I still really want, to buy a schiit amplifier. And the wavering considerations didn't end there. But I reached my peak for now, it's time to focus on more important stuff as rent and taxes and paying for the physiotherapist, but I still can't resist the urge to strive for something bigger, something better and something that will bring the detail and depth of my music to a whole new dimension. This seems like the perfect opportunity!

Jun 4, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #614 of 798
The SUSVARA would be a good upgrade from my apple EarPods, this is subjective of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back