Win a SUSVARA
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #346 of 798
Like everyone else here, I too would like a Susvara. I have focused on the Planar Magnetics side of the headphone market, enjoying the Yamaha HP-1 (from 1977 - 1984 and currently), HIFIMAN HE-500 (currently), and Audeze LCD-3 (currently). Susvara seems to have raised the bar with this technology and I'm very interested as a result.

May 26, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #347 of 798
My first loyalities were to Hifiman, I swore by the HM 601 the HM 801, I own and swear by an HE 4, I recenetly compared it to the Elear... and the Elear didn't fare as well as I'd hoped, but over the last few years, the redesigned models have not met my standards, nor have they compared well to the older quality of the gear I used to have, but I'm saddened to say I've own'd $10 sony headphones built better than the HE X and my HM 901, I'd like a Susvara because I BADLY want to LOVE hifiman again,

I feel betrayed be the recent changes in design and build, my HE 4 are TANKS, I've taken them through HELL and back, and they've never fussed, same with my HM 601, I want BADLY to get back my first AudioPhile love, I want badly to LOVE Hifiman again, and to be able to share my LOVE without getting pictures of an HE 400S with 2 left Cups or being reminded of the Debacle that was the HE X loaner or without watching people fumble over the un responsive turn wheel on my HM 901 [nor have to tell them "sorry the stock amp card died after 2 years even though I only used it once a month] ,

I'd like the Susvara not just for the quality of sound, but for the entire experince! I Want my first love back again! An so badly do I want to SHARE that love again

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #349 of 798
Why should I get the Susvara? So I can sell it to help fund the purchase on a Shangri-La. Even after selling my HD800, LCD-3, Pioneer SE-M1, Beyer T1, MrSpeakers Ether. Alpha Primes, HD650, ATH-W3000ANV, 2 Fostex TH900s, He-500, Monolith 1060, and my purebred canadian eskimo dog... I'm not even nowhere near the middle of the way there, I definitely need the Susvara.

May 26, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #350 of 798
I liked the response of the original model X. Looking forward to hearing if Susvara improves upon this.

May 26, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #351 of 798
I have tried out many high-end headphones in my lifetime. However, I always dreamed of having one. I want to have the full pleasure of listening to Vivaldi, Corelli, Bach, etc.
Unfortunately for me, I cannot get one because of their price unless I become a lucky man.

May 26, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #352 of 798
As a newbie into the world of audio, I've notice that there are so many new and excited innovations coming out all the time, but I am especially drawn to new releases of planar dynamic technologies. The Susvara looks to be an step in the right direction in the progression of planar, and I would love to own my very own! Thank you HIFIMAN, and may the best man win!

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #353 of 798
I would love to have this headphone, so I can say I have the spiritual successor to the legendary HE-6.

May 26, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #354 of 798
I want a Susvara...

...to go to fellow Head-Fier reddog. For those who know him here on the forums, he has been a constant source of enthusiasm and joy for all of us in this hobby. And though his health isn't the greatest these days, he still manages to be positive and uplifting every chance he gets. He's saved and spent wisely over the years, so he's got a good enough rig to drive them properly. And he deserves some great gear so that he can get his Zappa on. If I am chosen, please contact me for his shipping address, so that the Susvara can be forwarded directly to him.

That said, good luck to everybody! :)
Thank you for the kind recommendation my friend :)

May 26, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #355 of 798
Hifiman is a company known to make exceptional reference quality headphones. The HEK and Edition X have the ability to take you into the song where you can envision the singer in front of you and point out each individual instrument around you. Given the incredible ability of HEK and Edition X, I would expect the Susvara to literally teleport me to event venues among my favorite artists! Susvara would immediately be the crown jewel of my collection. Period.

May 26, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #358 of 798
Mm...withdrawing my entry (entry no. 1) to this contest. I'd love to own the Susvara and enjoy it for the rest of my life but I have enough headfi gear to keep me busy for many years to come. I just hope that the winner will take care of it and not resell it. It deserves a good home like @reddog. I don't know him but he seems like a nice guy.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #359 of 798
I'd like to win these because all my audio gear burned in a fire several years ago. I'm now disabled and music has become an important part of pain management (classical piano and cello particularly help me transcend). I'm discovering I enjoy all kinds of genres on a friend's high end equipment, I'll never be able to afford such high quality phones on my own and I'd treasure these like Gollum with his precious. Not really trying to pluck heartstrings, it's just the truth. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back