Win a FREE set of UE-10's and help name our newest product
Sep 2, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #302 of 312
Congratulations Vincent!

I think it's very nice you're using your prizes as a showcase of UE's products rather than accepting two pairs of UE-10's for the hell of it (that would just be rubbing it in). Almost $1700 of free goodness.. have you considered playing the lotto?

Thanks to UE for a cool contest, a cool CD, and for sapping our creativity away.
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #303 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0
Congratulations Vincent!

I think it's very nice you're using your prizes as a showcase of UE's products rather than accepting two pairs of UE-10's for the hell of it (that would just be rubbing it in). Almost $1700 of free goodness.. have you considered playing the lotto?

Thanks to UE for a cool contest, a cool CD, and for sapping our creativity away.
tongue.gif

Hey, maybe this means that The Monkey will be pegged as the "luckiest guy on Head-Fi" from now on! It's a win-win from my perspective!
tongue.gif

Congraulations Vincent! Why didn't you wait for a Triple.Fi 10 Pro as part of your winnings?
basshead.gif

Sep 2, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #304 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Hey, maybe this means that The Monkey will be pegged as the "luckiest guy on Head-Fi" from now on! It's a win-win from my perspective!
tongue.gif

Congraulations Vincent! Why didn't you wait for a Triple.Fi 10 Pro as part of your winnings?
basshead.gif

We'll need to attend the National Meet in disguise if we intend to enter the raffle.
eggosmile.gif

Sep 2, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #305 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dan of Steel
Here are the names I sent in with the stigma that super.fi may be added to them or not (noone was sure). I didn't add any numbers and such so I was close. But at least I get to say I came up with almost the same name.

Chimera or Chimaera
Cerberus
Trinity
Triple Force
TripleD
Triple.fi

We were able to enter multiple entries!? Bah
frown.gif

Sep 4, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #306 of 312
blink.gif
confused.gif
blink.gif
triple.fi 10 pro
blink.gif
confused.gif
blink.gif

That was the winner???? (not that my entries were any better
tongue.gif
)

I hereby dub the winning name with the name Ultra Lame Name.fi 10 Pro...

okay, maybe some sour grapes here but color me thoroughly unimpressed with the new moniker.

Peace,

Graz

Sep 8, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #307 of 312
How about ultimate.fi? That would have been rad.

Plus, I think The Monkey would have been seriously offended and cheated if UE chose his name and then revoked their decision because he got lucky earlier. I understand what you guys are feeling too, but perhaps being more honest and saying "I'm mad about this decision" instead of making baseless arguments would be more classy. I'm upset that my ultra.fi and supra.fi ideas weren't even considered, but let's rejoice with a brother, shall we?

And thus, I quoth "Huzzah!"

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #308 of 312
UE should do what they do best. This 900bucks prized competition could have been done better as mentioned by others.

The whole process of this competition has been:
-UE announces competition
-People send in submission
-Some people got the cds/emails, some didnt.
-UE announces winner
-Many find that UE didn't follow their own rule of the competition
-UE couldnt care less to address those who didn't receive the CD.

I can't say I'm satisfied with the result or the competition's process, but it's not like anything can be done.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #309 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
UE should do what they do best. This 900bucks prized competition could have been done better as mentioned by others.

The whole process of this competition has been:
-UE announces competition
-People send in submission
-Some people got the cds/emails, some didnt.
-UE announces winner
-Many find that UE didn't follow their own rule of the competition
-UE couldnt care less to address those who didn't receive the CD.

I can't say I'm satisfied with the result or the competition's process, but it's not like anything can be done.

ummm yeah...... I am sure they will be running TONS more contests giving away thousands of dollars in products with all the support and positive feedback they get in this thread (that they had to pay for also)
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Sep 9, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #310 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdemon
ummm yeah...... I am sure they will be running TONS more contests giving away thousands of dollars in products with all the support and positive feedback they get in this thread (that they had to pay for also)
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

You know, you're exactly right, UE should run "TONS more contests giving away thousands of dollars in products" given the kind of feedback here!
wink.gif
Hopefully they'll do things better then and make everyone happy.
tongue.gif

You know - giving away a $900 IEM (which probably cost UE a very small fraction to make) isn't exactly very costly if you think about the costs of other means of of advertising. So yes, they were generous, but look at all these other sweepstakes offered by companies - all you do is enter your email address (entrants don't even have to submit creative entries!) and you're automatically entered in for many prizes, the grand prize which is often over $10,000. Also, do you know how much it costs to put a page in a magazine or newspaper?
wink.gif

I'm not discounting the generosity of UE's contest to nothing - I'm very glad that UE decided to hold an event like this to get customer/enthusiast input and it's great that it's stirred so much interest among Head-Fiers. Overall - a very positive event and even from UE's perspective, the added publicity is probably well worth the cost.

But! I do think that the event was suboptimal for the reasons discussed above, and if any company holds a similar event, should do better. I don't think the other recent contest (the show me your sanctuary one) had such hangovers, did it?
wink.gif

Finally, all the positive AND negative feedback is what UE paid for. This is, along with all the other posts here, valuable feedback, and I'm taking my precious time to give it. With only blind supporters and fanboys/girls, I don't think much progress (especially for the consumers) can be made anyway.

Sep 9, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #311 of 312
Congats Vince! Now where is MY gift?
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #312 of 312
I'm wondering about the title of the thread. Does anyone ever have to buy something they win? Why do they highlight the 'free' aspect of the contest? It should just be "Win a set of UE-10".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back