Willsenton R300 single ended 300B integrated
Oct 16, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 57
Bonjour à tous.

Hello to all. I am also very curious to have more feedback on this willsenton R300b amplifier.

More tests will probably come out soon. We talk about it briefly here :

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 57
Hello to you all !

I am pleased to join your forum, curious about this 300b Willsenton amplifier. I listened carefully to Steve's review and I was really intrigued.

I have been waiting for a device of this type for many years because I am not convinced by the Boyuu Range A50. Its build quality for the price is very good, but then, the competing models, at least those available in France where I am, are offered at $4000 for the Cayin and from $6000 for the European models. Between the Boyuu Range and those, it's the sidereal void (wink to Captain Kirk).

When I look at the reviews of the other Willsenton products, the R8 or the R800-i (805 SE tubes), all of them have been highly appreciated by several reviewers (Steve, Jay's, Iyagi, Thomas, British audiophile, and I appreciate each of them.
Guys have taken these amplifiers apart and praised the excellent and serious workmanship.

Jay's Iyagi is testing it right now and very quickly mentions this unit here as a reference amplifier in the Klipch speaker test :

What really caught my attention in this Klipch review is the fact that Jay's has also tested many amplifiers, all of which are excellent, including the much more expensive and powerful Willsenton R800i. And yet, with these particular speakers in any case, it's the Willsenton R300 that he recommends. He calls it an exceptional match.

For my part, I am confident and placed an order for the Willsenton R300 today !

For information, I currently own an Elekit TU-8200 SE amplifier of 8 watts too. But the little Elekit uses 6L6 tubes and is not comparable with the Willsenton. The speakers are Totem Sttaf of 88 db, so, not very sensitive and the 8 watts are very sufficient for me, without any problem and with a listening level already likely to disturb my dear neighbors if I wanted, which is not at all the case
:)

Good day to you all.

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #14 of 57
For listening, it is imperative to wait at least 50 hours.

I think mine worked a little bit less than that and the sound changed a lot, as often with new amps, especially when the tubes have to work a few tens of hours before giving the best.

My suggestion is to change without waiting the two 6SN7 tubes, I chose Shuguang Black Treasure CV181-Z tubes. The musical result is excellent.

I also had to replace the RCA Van Den Hul The Frist Ultimate modulation cables, by a NEOTECH NEI-3001 MKIII that I associated with RCA KLEI Harmony connectors.

Finally, the power cable is a FURUTECH FP-TCS31. The NEOTECH and the FURUTECH were assembled by me, nothing very complicated but we obtain an excellent listening level for much less expensive than their fully assembled equivalents.

My speakers are TOTEM Sttaf with an average output of 88 Db, but I have no problem of power, in my living room which is of modest size it is true.

The result of all this is just sublime! Compared to my excellent Elekit TU-8200DX (single stage, class A too, but it uses 6L6WGC tubes), it's a totally different musical universe, soft but with analysis, voices and beautiful timbres! Nothing hyper transparent here or lightning dynamics, but on drums, the Wellington surprised me! It is in no way soft and mushy, nor rough and hard.

It's right in between, but a little soft, but with more transparency than the Elekit.

Good evening to you all!

PS. Many thanks to Steve Huff for allowing me to discover this wonderful Wellington tube amplifier:

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2022/10/08/willsenton-r300-tube-integrated-amp-review/

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back