Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Sep 13, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 60
I have an iPod touch 4G 32gb, and I'll upgrade to a 64gb model. I said "Yes" in the poll, but I MAY just upgrade to a 64gb 4G instead of the 5G, as the 4G may possibly be located at a cheaper cost when the new model hits the shops. I want the capacity, and the larger screen isn't necessary for me - I own a 4.3" screened Lumia 900, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, iPad 2, and the previously mentioned iPod touch 4G.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 60
No - I already have a 64Gb model I got for a good price.

I don't see the point in paying tablet/laptop prices for a new iPod.

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #7 of 60
I prefer the old Nano - if they'd made that waterproof, added GPS, I might be interested.

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #9 of 60
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :frowning2: One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #11 of 60
We cant deny the nano is aggressively priced and it will sell like hot cakes! 

No 32gb or 64gb in this means it's not worth it. It's no longer a real "Nano" IMO. Not worth it,... Besides, this thread/poll is about the touch & not the Nano.

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #12 of 60
Nano doesnt make sense for 'our kind' its target audience are the million of folks who care about colors and affordability. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #13 of 60
Nano doesnt make sense for 'our kind' its target audience are the million of folks who care about colors and affordability. 

:rolleyes: Then that means ANY iPod is no good for us. But, quite a few people here use iPods,...even Jude. Your making a false blanket statement, based on your opinion. Not a good idea.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #14 of 60
Quote:
rolleyes.gif
Then that means ANY iPod is no good for us. But, quite a few people here use iPods,...even Jude. Your making a false blanket statement, based on your opinion. Not a good idea.

my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #15 of 60
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones.  My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.  

I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod.  If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature.  Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.

With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements.  I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back