Will Westone UM56 or Etymotic Custom ear molds fit Atrio M5
Oct 1, 2011 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cue003

New Head-Fier
does anyone know if the westone um56 or the custom molds offered by Etymotic fits the atrio m5?

I just got the M5/MG7 with the new driver and am not happy with any of the plugs that are included with the package and don't really feel like buying tons of different tips to try out.

So if anyone knows the answer or have tried these custom molds with the atria or others, please let me know.

I donny want to order unless I know it will fit the ear molds correctly and not have any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the UM56 and new Atrios. The molds fit the Atrios, but I can't get any good seal with them. But maybe it's just cause of my odd ears.

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
does anyone know if the westone um56 or the custom molds offered by Etymotic fits the atrio m5?
I just got the M5/MG7 with the new driver and am not happy with any of the plugs that are included with the package and don't really feel like buying tons of different tips to try out.
So if anyone knows the answer or have tried these custom molds with the atria or others, please let me know.
I donny want to order unless I know it will fit the ear molds correctly and not have any issues.
Thanks in advance.

The custom molds made by Future Sonics themselves ("softerwear sleeves") are excellent and very well made. I have them myself and they are a lot better than the ones I had by 1964 Ears. The etymotic should fit as well, but they are not as good as the Future Sonics' custom sleeves. I haven't used the westone ones, but Sensaphonics' products have a good reputation.

A custom sleeve's fit on an earphone is one thing, how that custom sleeve fits in your ear is another. Go with an audiologist who has experience making ear molds for musicians (there is a long thread of recommendations for audiologists in this forum, do a search). When you get the mold made, ask for and use a 1inch bite block, a key point is to relax your jaw as much as you can, clenching is a big mistake, and ask for the mold to be made as deeply as possible, even if it is slightly uncomfortable--you'll be happier in the long run and get a better fit.

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 5
As a long term Atrio user, I will not tell you to buy a bunch of tips but I will recommend that you try out the Klipsch eargels. These eartips literally saved me from giving up on IEMs totally as none of the tips were comfortable and caused a lot of pain.

The positive about the eargels apart from the comfort is how they suit the Atrio's sound signature. They bring out the mids and highs beautifully and the bass is still wonderful, as expected from the Atrio.

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I am going to do some digging for an audiologist in my area to see what I come up with.  

I didn't realize that future sonics had the softer wear sleeves for the Atrios. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back