Will Shure SE215 benefit from FiiO E7/E07K DAC?
Dec 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scully

New Head-Fier
I recently got the Shure SE215 earphones, and am now considering getting a USB DAC for my desktop computer after reading the hype (with eventual plans to upgrade to better earphones within 1-2 years); is it worth the extra money to get a DAC for the SE215? I should also mention that my motherboard (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5) claims to have "108db SNR" and "Blu-ray Full Rate Lossless Audio" with the on-board "ALC889 HD Audio;" but I'm relatively ignorant and don't know if that means a DAC wouldn't improve the audio as much, or if that's Gigabyte marketing speak for slightly better than bad if other components mangle the audio before it gets to the headphone jack? I was currently looking to either get the FiiO E7 or FiiO E07K, but other inexpensive recommendations are also welcome; thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 3
I have the E17. When I pair it with my GS3 or Sansa Clip Zip via audio-out there is not much difference in SQ. It just gets louder. When I pair it with my HP 4410s laptop via USB there is quite a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back