Will my Xonar DGX be able to drive 250ohm headphones?
Mar 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #16 of 19
The pro has a coiled cable and a little more clamping force. The premium has a straight cable. They look a little different:

Pro

Premium

The Premium costs more and from I read is not worth the extra money. Sound wise they are supposed to sound pretty much identical. The clamping force on the Pro will make it sound slightly different, but not enough to worry about.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #17 of 19
  Hey guys, I currently have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card on my desktop PC. I'm thinking of getting the Beyerdynamic DT880s, but I've heard that the 250-Ohm version sounds much better than the 32 ohm version when amped. Will my sound card be able to handle the 250ohm version or should I just go for the 32 ohms? I plan to be using the headphones at home only. Or if anyone has recommendations on other headphones that are good for Rock music around the 200-300$ range that'd be awesome as well. Thanks! 

The DGX is kind of borderlined for driving 250-Ohm headphones.
The AKG K612 Pro headphones are only 120-Ohm, easier for the DGX to drive

You could get the DT880 Pro 250-Ohm version and the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card.
The Z card comes with a more powerful headphone amplifier then the DGX.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 19
  The DGX is kind of borderlined for driving 250-Ohm headphones.
The AKG K612 Pro headphones are only 120-Ohm, easier for the DGX to drive

You could get the DT880 Pro 250-Ohm version and the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card.
The Z card comes with a more powerful headphone amplifier then the DGX.

What kind of sound does the AKG K612 have? I mainly listen to rock and acoustic music. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 19
  What kind of sound does the AKG K612 have? I mainly listen to rock and acoustic music. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/216596/akg-k601-k612-pro-owners-unite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back