will my earphone damaged from falling from chair?
Apr 24, 2010 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

hertzamplifier

Head-Fier
im a bit paranoid about new item i just bought.Because I just bought a new set of earphone that is sennsheiser cx 550 worth 156 usd.today it fall from my belly while i was sitting playing laptop.will there is internal damaged that caused the sound quality to drop?

the earphone is very light and the falling is free fall.and the floor is cement.ther height of falling is about 0.5metre.

Apr 24, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by hertzamplifier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im a bit paranoid about new item i just bought.Because I just bought a new set of earphone that is sennsheiser cx 550 worth 156 usd.today it fall from my belly while i was sitting playing laptop.will there is internal damaged that caused the sound quality to drop?

the earphone is very light and the falling is free fall.and the floor is cement.ther height of falling is about 0.5metre.

It is no likely a fall like that will damage the IEM. Just listen to it, if it doesn't sound anything out of the ordinary, you should be fine. What worry me more is the high price tag you have paid for it
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is no likely a fall like that will damage the IEM. Just listen to it, if it doesn't sound anything out of the ordinary, you should be fine. What worry me more is the high price tag you have paid for it
tongue.gif

QFT
icon10.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

tongue.gif

yea.its quite expensive here since it is imported items and im from Malaysia.that's why....
confused_face.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

yea.its quite expensive here since it is imported items and im from Malaysia.that's why....
confused_face.gif

Ah, a countryman. Welcome to HF and sorry about your wallet (especially in this case)
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Ah, a countryman. Welcome to HF and sorry about your wallet (especially in this case)
biggrin.gif

what do you mean by " (especially in this case)"?
if you mean about my dropped earphone,its not really big deal.
since the earphone is light and its fall not very high,so the impact i think not strong enough to damage the internal component.and it sound no different like before.

also i make a bit research on the internet about dynamic earphone and i see the electronic component inside it is compact altogether and there is no part that can loosen from such an impact.

correct me if im wrong..

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

what do you mean by " (especially in this case)"?

As in paying for a more expensive IEM
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #9 of 19
Clieos, you should start helping out Malaysians on where to get discounted iems!

but really are there any stores in Malaysia that sell earphones? (Jaben-like)

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clieos, you should start helping out Malaysians on where to get discounted iems!

but really are there any stores in Malaysia that sell earphones? (Jaben-like)

Jaben Msia, @ 65A, SS15/8A, 1st floor, SS15, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor.

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by B[van] /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jaben Msia, @ 65A, SS15/8A, 1st floor, SS15, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor.

LOL i totally forgotten that Jaben opened in msia and beijing :X. So before Jaben there aren't any other stores in msia?

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL i totally forgotten that Jaben opened in msia and beijing :X. So before Jaben there aren't any other stores in msia?

Before Jaben M'sia, there are Hi-fi stores in KL that also sell good headphone, but generally higher in price. Headphone hunting is just easier to do online (forum and such). Good thing I live at the Southern end of the peninsular
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 19
yea lucky you lol, its either 1 hour to singapore (cheap) or 3 hours to KL (expensive) if you wanna go earphone stores
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back