Will I ever get accustomed to Grado Sr325i?
Nov 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galesden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want that grado sound all through out the day while im reading( when i start a book that im really engrossed in i get sucked in and i cant stop reading till i finish and i dont want to have an annoying mini headache in the middle of my session)

But I can't concentrate on reading when listening with my 325i's. I just get too into the music lol.

Anyways, the best comfort mod for me was to bend the headband flat in the middle and angle them towards the sides so it looks more square than circular. It does put more stress on the tip of your head, but I have a lot of hair so it doesn't matter much and it helps position the cups at a more comfortable angle. Also, make sure to have the cups resting properly on your ears. At first I had them resting a bit high, but realized that they should be sitting lower. Don't soften up the pads by washing them because they'll get too soft and provide little-to-no cushion. The hardness of the pads helps prevent the plastic from resting on your ears.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #32 of 33
I currently use a Little Dot mkIII with an iBasso D3 and the 325i's are just too forward for me. A lot of it has to do with the many 'bright' sounding recordings I have. When listening to Chesky or Linn recordings I think they sound great, but throw on some Metallica or Extreme and its way too bright.

I'm willing to try swapping my driver tubes on the mkIII to see if that fixes it, but I'm not going to change all my equipment to make this one set of headphones sound great. I'm considering getting a pair of Sennheiser HD600's, but I'm afraid it might be too much the other way. I'd like to find something in the middle, so I'm considering the Denon D2000.

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #33 of 33
I like all my headphones for different reasons, but i think HD600's are next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back