Will Ferrell and the AKG's
May 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

iceshark

100+ Head-Fier
So I recently saw this (in my opinion) horribly boring movie called Everything Must Go starring Will Ferrell, and the only scene that I was totally crazy about was when he was listening to his vinyl records with these beautiful, glistening white AKG 701's. Just as a note for the movie, it has a very dark tone to it and is more of a drama than a comedy, in which Will Ferrell plays a man whose life is currently in the trash because he fell into relapse with his alcoholism. If you're a fan of drama, fine, but I was extremely disappointed. Anyways, I think it was nice of them to showcase the AKG's in the movie, and if anyone has a screenshot, please show me. I'm hoping it will be my next avatar. I think Will looked quite nice in them, personally.

May 16, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 13
You shouldn't automatically assume that a film is a certain genre just because a certain actor is in it. It takes about 5 seconds to find out a little about a film before you go and spend your hard earned money on it. You really have no one to blame except for yourself.

May 16, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 13
I just saw that today and really liked it. I had seen him on Letterman or somewhere like that so I knew it wasn't his typical movie but I can see how one might be disappointed if they didn't know that. Seeing those headphones was cool too. Even my wife recognized them since I used to own a pair. 

May 16, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 13
Typecasting as someone above me said. The same thing happened to Bill Murray when he starred in "Lost In Translation" where most of his fans from the comedy movies he was in thought it was trash. I on the other hand thought that the movie was nothing short of brilliant.

May 16, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
You shouldn't automatically assume that a film is a certain genre just because a certain actor is in it. It takes about 5 seconds to find out a little about a film before you go and spend your hard earned money on it. You really have no one to blame except for yourself.

Sadly my parents picked the movie, after watching a short trailer which I later viewed after the fact and noticed it had an ironically up-beat song and didn't seem to fully display the negative atmosphere which never really went away during the movie. Whenever my mom picks a movie, its always horrible for it. They were warned and the only thing I could hope for was Will Ferrell. Guess not.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #9 of 13

I liked the movie.. :) 

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 13
Sep 11, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #13 of 13
I loved this movie. It's my kind of movie. I often accidentally call it a comedy, but it's really not. It does have a few funny parts, but it's not "LOL" funny. Kind of reminds me of something like "10 Items or Less" with Morgan freeman. I love these small independent films. Felt like Will Ferrel was a good actor in this movie.

I liked it enough to think it'd be worth buying..for cheap.

BTW Will was using the K701 out of a Record player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back