Will a uDAC work with a Sansa Clip+?
Sep 18, 2010 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bloosnail11

New Head-Fier
Ok, I don't know if my question is completely ridiculous but I was reading a thread about how the uDAC can be used with a iPad. Since the Sansa Clip+ does have mini USB slot, it should be able to work with a uDAC, right? At least I hope so. Currently, I'm using a Sansa Express>Receiver>Speakers for a bedside rig. My goal is to override the receiver's DAC with the uDAC's. I'm guessing the uDAC's would be better since the receiver was purchased for only like, $40 a good 10 years ago. Also, it's a uDAC-1, if that makes any difference.

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 6
A uDAC is a DAC, you can't use it with the majority of DAPs on the market. It will not work with the Sansa Clip+.

The reason you can use a uDAC (1) with the iPad, is the iPad is built like a tablet PC. It is possible to get a digital signal from most PCs (tablets included).

Sep 18, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Dang it, ok. Are there any cheap DAPs that the uDAC will work with? Cheap as in like, $100 or less.

Are you talking about portable devices? AFAIK, the answer is no. The closest thing available is the QLS QA-350/550 ($185 + Shipping). You might be able to pick up iRiver H120/140 for under $100 but it would be in used condition. Even then, you would need to convert the optical signal to USB.

Sep 18, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
....Even then, you would need to convert the optical signal to USB.

No, it is not that simple. What you need is a DAP with USB host capability (USB-on-the-go), and almost no DAP in the market has that kind of hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back