Wilco Sky Blue Sky
May 16, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #16 of 22
Picked it up today and am liking it quite a bit. It is defintely more laid back in the vein of summer teeth than more recent stuff like a Ghost is Born (which i also like and think is under appreciated)

I especially like What Light

I amost wonder if tweedy is headed in a Neil young type direction, noisy and discordant one time out and folky and tuneful the next.

May 16, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #18 of 22
album of the summer, just like yhft was, what, 5 summers ago?

this is an understated, brilliant set of songs beautifully played and recorded. if there was ever any question of the stature and longevity of jeff tweedy's career, there is a question no longer. proves that even almost stripped of instrumental experimentation this guy's songs (and the presentation thereof) remain facinating.

and what a band!

May 17, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #20 of 22
Picked it up yesterday and have been listening to it constantly. It's growing on me, and another great album. Anyone know if they're touring this summer?

May 17, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picked it up yesterday and have been listening to it constantly. It's growing on me, and another great album. Anyone know if they're touring this summer?

well the NYC shows are sold out, I dont know about anywhere else. Check ticketmaster!

May 17, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #22 of 22
I picked it up on Tuesday - it's growing on me, but slowly. It took awhile for me to get into A Ghost Is Born, but I love that album now (the feedback solo at the end of "Muzzle of Bees" is sick!). Right now, "Side with the Seeds" is probably my favorite track off of Sky Blue Sky.

I finally broke down and got tickets to see them on this tour, after passing up on the opportunity for the A Ghost is Born tour - can't wait for June!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back