Wii Details - For Those Who Don't Know
Sep 15, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #16 of 59
Nice, thanks for the info! I'm definitely interested in picking one of those up. The price is really attractive and the games just scream "fun". I hope the Wii does well over in North American and win back some marketshare. Its still doing well in Asia tho which is good to see.

Sep 15, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
Gaming consoles these days don't know what the hell they're trying to be. It's as if the ability to play fun games is a nice afterthought.

You know that is a good point. Which is kind of funny that the Wii offers internet browsing, a photo manager etc...even the big N isn't immune to feature creep it seems.

I am going to wait and see about this thing. Sensor strips, numchucks...etc give me visions of the ol' NES powerpad.

And to others, it may be a stupid reason, but I own a HDTV, and only 480p seems kind of silly for a new console. Eye candy is part of the fun of video games.

Nintendo seems like a cool company. I hope they do well with this thing.

Sep 15, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
If you buy a console for the HDMI 1080, the digital surround out, the polygons per second and the maximum texture resolution, youre buying one for the wrong reasons.

The gamecube creamed the PS2 and the Xbox for on the sofa multiplay IMHO.

Those aren't the only reasons, but why not have the best of both worlds? Sports games and racing games have always been at the heart of video game entertainment for me and my friends. Plenty of great titles are either available or on the horizon in those genres. While the majority of games aren't even worth renting, there are usually enough games available on any platform, to make that platform wrothwhile. As for Nofriendo, I just didn't find the GC compelling. I'm hoping the Wii helps bring Nintendo back to its glory. Their pricing will certainly help.

Sep 15, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #22 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz
will there be any baseball game? if any, i'll be getting one of those

Wii Sports I think has baseball bundled in the game and Wii Sports comes with the console. The Console is basically ready to play right out of the box.

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #23 of 59
Has there been any mention of exactly what "Wii Points" are and how you get them?

Sep 15, 2006 at 10:43 AM Post #24 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Has there been any mention of exactly what "Wii Points" are and how you get them?

They are just like Microsoft points. They are virtual dollars purchased with real dollars either through the dashboard via credit card or purchased in store on some type of redeemable card.

Sep 16, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #25 of 59
The only thing that scares me is the controller. I guess they aren't going to have any regular controllers. Am I missing something? They may be great to use but I just can't envision them across different game types. May be a gamble.

Sep 16, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #26 of 59
There is an optional traditional type controler for most games.

wii-controllers-unlocking-the-secrets-20060714053402030.jpg

so you can play the SNES games easily

Sep 16, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #29 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by mf6421
There is an optional traditional type controler for most games.

wii-controllers-unlocking-the-secrets-20060714053402030.jpg

so you can play the SNES games easily

That thing is awesome can't wait =). My gf is even gonna camp although she's gonna bring us guys food when it's most needed!

Sep 16, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
They are just like Microsoft points. They are virtual dollars purchased with real dollars either through the dashboard via credit card or purchased in store on some type of redeemable card.

Has the conversion ratio been revealed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back