WiFi/Internet Radio streaming on portable device?
Feb 9, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Nokia N800 does this beautifully...

x2

Actually, a bit more info. I'm living overseas (from my native Australia) and use the n800 exclusively to stream australian radio stations as I fall asleep. As a MP3 player it is super clunky.. workable, but even with the addition of Canola2 it's still fairly labour intensive to update music and files (compared to an iPod or Zune). I got my n800 well before the iPod touch came out (with it's web browsing). If I had to make the choice now, I'd lean towards the iPod, mainly for it's music management.

May 27, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #33 of 36
I dunno how I stumbled on this thread... I think I was searching for radioparadise.com to find other cool streaming radios.

Anyway, nice thread... 'cause I'm looking for something similar to the Nokia n810. Are there any other suggestions?

Best thing I've found is the Gigabyte m582, but it's not out for another month and supposedly only has a 2hr battery life. =-(

There's a buncha cool new ultraportable laptops, like the ASUS EEE 901, MSI Wind, Fujitsu U2010/U810, etc. Some are out now, others will be out within a month or two.

But I'd prefer something like the n810 or this new Gigabyte MID. Any more suggestions?

May 27, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #34 of 36
the psp rapes, it can pretty much do anything, well.. hacked ones anyway
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #35 of 36
I'd rather have a touchscreen than have functionality to play games. I'm looking for an internet device... so I'd like to click links directly. I'd like Flash to work in sites. I pretty much want some kinda Linux device. HTC has a Windows Mobile phone or two, like the Advantage that are supposed to be alright, but I'm prejudice. And having a cellular radio isn't important to me.

The Nokia N800/810, iPod Touch, & Gigabyte M528 are my only really hopes at this MID (Mobile Internet Device) thingy. I prefer the Nokia & Gigabyte because they've got GPS, keyboards, & Linux -- very attractive! I'll prolly still end up going with the MSI Wind, tho.... and adding a SSD later. Then buying a second or third generation MID like the Gigabyte.

Decisions, decisions...

May 29, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by thornygravy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the psp rapes, it can pretty much do anything, well.. hacked ones anyway
biggrin.gif

Feeling better about your psp now?
smily_headphones1.gif

The HTC Wing can play YouTube and CNN , ABC, etc after a free program download.

This also works on many other smartphones.
vTap - Windows Mobile Download based on Models

And YouTube Pocket
YouTube Pocket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back