WiFi/Internet Radio streaming on portable device?
Jan 26, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 36
Not if it has Wi-Fi and some of them do, maybe you should be looking at something with 3G for faster speed too. The headphone out on his phone sounds awful good though. I think with the right phones you would never even miss having an amp.

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #18 of 36
The MP3 streams work well on this Ipaq, I'm listening to it as I'm writing this. WM6 Ipaq HX4700 with media player playing the stream over wi-fi.

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #20 of 36
My Motorola Q does it very well and over the EV-DO network so I can even listen to it driving! Of course, you need an unlimited 3G data plan...

Jan 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive been using the streaming for an ipod touch for a while now, quite good if you have good wifi connection - if not, stay away!

But can it play any internet radio I select or is it limited to only ones available on some list or in some software package?

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #23 of 36
I have done this with my Dell X50v PDA. I just connected the network and accessed the proper files within the music player that I have on the Dell.

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #25 of 36
I had originally looked to buy a Roku Soundbridge, but decided to see if I could get the functionality I had wanted regarding the Roku plus portability from some other device.
It looks like most of the solutions to have portable streaming music have some compromise either in the device or the available services, often there are additional costs as well.
I think at this point I may just go back to the Roku Soundbridge idea as I can play any of the free internet streams I choose from the gazillions of them available on the internet in addition to all the music on my PC.

Jan 31, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #26 of 36
Yeah, I noticed the mobile XM is only about 20 stations and the mobiTV is only 50 including sports and talk radio. Not much for 10 bucks a month. 13 bucks a month in the car gets me 150 stations with Sirius.

Jan 31, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I noticed the mobile XM is only about 20 stations and the mobiTV is only 50 including sports and talk radio. Not much for 10 bucks a month. 13 bucks a month in the car gets me 150 stations with Sirius.

Yup, if I spent alot of time in the car I could see the $13. But at home I already have Broadband, a WiFi, and I regularly contribute to RadioParadise.com every month and prefer to give them my $ instead
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up on RadioParadise.com, I have it on now. I like it!

enjoy!
wink.gif

I love Radio Paradise
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back