Why we shouldn’t dismiss old CD players.
Aug 7, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #91 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
achhh soo, you've won the item....for 80 euro..that's the bargain of the month
smily_headphones1.gif
..did you recieve the philips??

Yup sure did...

And as mentioned before, this unit is totally mint, no fading on the buttons, no scratches on the display... no signs of wear and tear at all... came with original box, and everything else associated with it
biggrin.gif

Your Studer unit looks pretty sweet... have you actually got a mixing desk? if not... seeing that it looks like (on the link i opened up) its embedded in a desk, how does it work out?

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #92 of 98
yes, the studer D730 is made for broadcasting studio's, so, it's made to last..almost every studio has used this player and some of them are still using it.

i don't know the specs of it, i only know it has a cdm4 transport with a toploader, i don't know about the dac..Mastergilles has also a studer, perhaps he knows all the specs..

to me the studer sounds very very natural and detailled. i don't think it's a fair comparison with my philips az6819..just a different world.
unfortunately i don't have any good cdp's to compare it with.
but what i do know is, it's a real audiophile/collectable cdp. the only cdp which is better and i can afford, is the philips lhh 2000..i'm looking for months now for that particular one...but it's too rare to find

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #93 of 98
There is an LHH1000 transport / DAC on ebay.co.uk at the moment (under keyword DAC) but the starting price is £1995.00... so I don't think you'll be able to afford that... a fairly hefty sum.

I didn't realise that there were only 100 of these combos made (and an additional 200 for Marantz)... and 40 kilos (nearly 90 pounds
eek.gif
) - thats a seriously heavy bit of kit
biggrin.gif

One good thing about this CD850 over the 880 (and if your Studer has the CDM4/19 transport you'll know this also) is that it can play CDRW... great
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #94 of 98
yes, it can read cdrw..but i prefer to buy the original cd's. there is some data loss with those cdrw. it sounds less "sharp".
the lhh 1000 is a consumer product. the lhh 2000 is the real thing. i knew that the lhh 1000 has had a cult following in japan..they were crazy about this player..it is still one of the best players made..
i think/guess..the lhh 2000 is the EMT 927 of the cdp's

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #95 of 98
Just so others know what we're talking about...

A useful link with some pictures of the best of the best of Philips CD players
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #96 of 98
real engineering NAT-lab (natuurkundig laboratorium of philips= the place where they invented the casstte,cd, etc) stuff..they look ugly, but it's the sound what counts...

well, that's too much inside information
wink.gif

oja, when you google for that lhh 1000 player, i saw at one website, a price of 600 usd...so, i wont' buy that one for 2000 pounds

Aug 7, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #97 of 98
Hmm....

Care to PM me the link? - Could be interesting
biggrin.gif

(Although shipping would totally hurt me
frown.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back