Why use a streamer and not an old PC?
Apr 18, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #46 of 54
HDMI carry audio but its mostly Dolby, AAC, Atmos, PCM standards found on your bluray.
I will find out soon enough and update the thread :)

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #47 of 54
Good luck with your experiment.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #48 of 54
Apr 19, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #49 of 54
Ok, unfortunately the Tesla is junk. Could not maintain a connection to the net via wifi or ethernet so back it goes.

Apr 20, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #50 of 54
I'm just now coming on to this thread, the question is one I've wondered about ever since the introduction of streamers such as ones offered by Marantz. Thinking critically about it, I rejected the idea, since I get all desired results running Airport Express to deliver iTunes to my home stereo system.

Apr 20, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #51 of 54
The Node 2i has a lot going for it. In my case I don't have a box to watch youtube on so I wanted an Android box that could do both.

If you just want a streamer, the Bluesound is very hard to beat for the price. MQA and really good apps and pretty good connectivity.

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #52 of 54
The Node 2i has a lot going for it.
It is a little nifty device, supporting Roon, having Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer integrated, all for a good price. The only issue I had when I owned it was that it does not have an USB out, and since my DAC at the time sounded its best out of USB, I had to connect it via coaxial.

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #53 of 54
It is a little nifty device, supporting Roon, having Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer integrated, all for a good price. The only issue I had when I owned it was that it does not have an USB out, and since my DAC at the time sounded its best out of USB, I had to connect it via coaxial.
I don't think many streamers in that price range have USB out and anyway it's kind of unusual that USB sounds better than optical and coax, which it does have as you mentioned.

For me the major attraction was MQA support, so I don't run it into an external DAC.

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #54 of 54
it's kind of unusual that USB sounds better than optical and coax
Oh yeah for sure, that's why I did not care that Node 2i did not have USB out, as I expected it to sound the same. To my big surprise it did not and I felt let down, not by the product, but the level of research I made, so I sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back