Why the DX100 is so... underrated?
May 5, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 8
Don't forget HDP-R10!

I'm really hoping iBasso plans on coming out with a DX100 / HDP-R10 successor that will surpass the AK240's SQ at a cheaper & more reasonable price.

May 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 8
It's because it's old & outdated, old version of android, slow ui, etc.

People want the latest and greatest 
biggrin.gif

I'm also really hoping the upcoming fiio X7 will be able to surpass the ak240 in SQ which would force A&K to rethink their outrageous pricing strategy. 

May 5, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 8
If you only evaluate the DX100 for it's SQ then it is hard to beat.  I have found only 2 portable player/dac that gives me greater audio satisfaction which are the AK240 and the Chord Hugo.  However it's been over 2 years since it was released and it doesn't support some of the newer formats like DSD, DXD, exfat support on the microsd card etc.  The battery life is on the short side and it is a bulky unit.
I have kept my DX100 for the last 2 years and only recently switched to using AK240 outside and Chord Hugo in the house.

May 5, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 8
I still rate mine high :atsmile: :p

No new DAP titillates me so far. From what I have read, my understanding is also that only the AK240 and Hugo substantially improve on SQ. Now, I don't like the design of the AK240, and its price even less, plus it lacks a ø6.3mm HO output. The Hugo isn't a DAP.

I might just keep using the DX100 for the ten-year free-labour warranty period :wink: .

May 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 8
Don't forget HDP-R10!

I'm really hoping iBasso plans on coming out with a DX100 / HDP-R10 successor that will surpass the AK240's SQ at a cheaper & more reasonable price.

I wonder if the battery in R10 can fit in the DX100? From my two days short ownership, I feel the Dx100 can play for about 6 hours w my ED8, I'd guess its play time would be shorter if I use a harder to drive phone. Sound is fantastic so far.

May 6, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 8
The problem with iBasso right now is their software and CS team are dragging them down. DX100 and HM901 were actually released right about the same time (around mid~late 2012). Where you hardly see any firmware update on DX100 anymore (last update was a year ago), HM901 is still getting new firmware every few months, sometime even with new features. Even DX50's firmware release has became noticeably slowed down after DX90 is released. There is also very poor communication between iBasso and user, except for a few people here and there. They shouldn't have relied too much on specific third parties to release firmware for them. The lack of official communication channel will push your old customer away, especially since other companies look to be much more active in responding to user's request and keeping them out of the dark. While iBasso is pretty good in hardware, they really need to start building up a CS team that is up to their level of play field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back