why so ugly?
Dec 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #91 of 134
?? K701 is almost all plastic like HD800, but HD800 use high quality plastic, much mor expensive than metal or aluminum. Most of the headphone are made with plastic nowadays.

I like wood, but wood isn't very robust and can break much more easily than good plastic. Wood is a living material and can change with environnement.

It stopped living when it fell over. It still reacts to humidity, but wood is not living after that tree is chopped down.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #92 of 134

Quote:
It stopped living when it fell over. It still reacts to humidity, but wood is not living after that tree is chopped down.

lol, of course, but when i say "living material", its effectively related to humidity, condensation/heat/cold... I don't speak to see a burgeon rise from the cup,lol.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #93 of 134
Everyone here seems to hate the look of the Beats Pro's, but imo, compared to something like the V-Moda Crossfades (which I think look hideous and awkward), they aren't that bad, aesthetically.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #94 of 134

Wouldn't that be sweet if wood could still keep growing after being chopped apart and sanded down and polished?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the acrylic used in the KODA^2 is the ultimate headphone construction material.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #95 of 134
PeRsOnAl OpInIoN.
The sole fact you like the look of the beats is becaue of the sleek desight which you find better looking.(and theres NOTHING wrong with that)
I for instance prefer designs like the HD-25,T50P and the 990.These DO NOT feel cheap nor have a flimsy build quality.When i hold a beats studio headphone i cant help feeling like it's going to explode in my face,it just doest create alot of"wauw these will last"feel.
Also I found them beats looking like vomit(No i really dont like the looks they look like hipster cans)

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #96 of 134

Quote:
Everyone here seems to hate the look of the Beats Pro's, but imo, compared to something like the V-Moda Crossfades (which I think look hideous and awkward), they aren't that bad, aesthetically.

Wow this is almost shocking to me. The Vmoda crossfades and M-80s are pretty great looking headphones to me. But again i should underline the part of that sentence thats important. to me.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #98 of 134
To OP,
Agreed on the LCD-2 don't know about build quality but it ain't no eye candy. I think you're ignoring some of the better looking headphones... HD800, Ultrasone ED10, Sony MDR-10. There are plenty good looking out there.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #99 of 134
Quote:
The wood's more resistant than the Beats plastic yes. But everything more resistant than the Beats. Plastic can be made pretty resistant. It also isn't affected by any number of environmental effects like humidity and temperature, requires no maintenance or care, and doesn't dent. I believe the wood in the LCD-2 was hand-picked to match the sonics of the driver and design, but that doesn't mean wood is inherently better sonically in all situations. Plastic can be made sonically neutral, perhaps as easily or more easily than wood. The HD800, for example, has astonishingly low amounts of resonance. I'm not sure if the lower treble peak is the result of plastic, design, or driver tuning, but it was clearly intentional.

I wonder what a plastic violin might sound like... my guess is that even if was sonically neutral it would sound like garbage.

Quote:

Right, and once is fully cured and sealed it will not even react to humidity.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #100 of 134
I wonder what a plastic violin might sound like... my guess is that even if was sonically neutral it would sound like garbage.

Here's an acrylic one: http://geeksonhorseback.co.uk/2011/12/02/killing-time/

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #101 of 134

"These are audiophile grade headphones and in my opinion look absolutely spectacular!"

now thats what you call a sleek design! 
i lust for a pair Of the LCD-2 and i already mentioned that it is not a topic about sound quality!
 i never said the beats materials are high quality! nor i will ever consider bose,beats whatever headphones over my hd650
ive talked about the design which is quite sexy despite the cheap materials.
the look, even the packaging is well done instead of like say... the boring gray box of the hd650 which smells like feet the first time you open it!

ive said dont base your opinion on the brand or the SQ.
just pretend like you know nothing about headphones.
imagine if they are just fashion accessories that doesnt do anything.
would you prefer seeing wearing the likes of the LCD-2 on your head,neck??

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #102 of 134
Quote:
Here's an acrylic one: http://geeksonhorseback.co.uk/2011/12/02/killing-time/

Haha that one's electric so it doesn't count 
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #103 of 134
really wants to remove that wood on the D5000/D7000...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back