Why pay for expensive soundcard rather then DAC?
Aug 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

xxmastaxx

100+ Head-Fier
Why do people buy expensive soundcards then use DAC?

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 59
Perhaps they simply need/want the additional features coming with a sound card? Line-in as an example

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 59
also for gaming is better with soundcard?

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 59
Sound cards are 3 times better in that "you get what you pay for". Usually. I don't consider 2 channel sound cards to be a good deal.

DACs? You don't get what you pay for at all. Grossly overpriced, no ADC, almost no DACs support >2 channels. DACs are aimed at fools with more money than sense.

Gaming used to be better with a card because of the EAX hogwash, but thankfully Microsoft pretty much killed that scam off with Vista's new audio stack.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 59

isnt there line-in with dac?
Quote:
Perhaps they simply need/want the additional features coming with a sound card? Line-in as an example

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 59

Quote:
Sound cards are 3 times better in that "you get what you pay for". Usually. I don't consider 2 channel sound cards to be a good deal.

DACs? You don't get what you pay for at all. Grossly overpriced, no ADC, almost no DACs support >2 channels. DACs are aimed at fools with more money than sense.

Gaming used to be better with a card because of the EAX hogwash, but thankfully Microsoft pretty much killed that scam off with Vista's new audio stack.

This forum certainly doesn't need members like you.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 59
Whatever

Quote:

Oh ok thanks

Quote:

No, a DAC is by nature designed for line-out purposes only. For line-in you need the opposite, more specific an ADC.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 59

x2
biggrin.gif

Quote:
This forum certainly doesn't need members like you.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #11 of 59

Quote:

I agree to disagree! But that is fine, as great variance is part of what make this so enjoyable.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #12 of 59

Yup theres always a Yin and Yang to everything.

Quote:

I agree to disagree! But that is fine, as great variance is part of what make this so enjoyable.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #13 of 59
What the hell are you exactly saying, because I didn´t quite understand your point? Explain the content of this "bubble"?

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #14 of 59

Probably the bubbles from washing your hands
biggrin.gif

Quote:
What the hell are you exactly saying, because I didn´t quite understand your point? Explain the content of this "bubble"?

Aug 7, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 59
By the way... Why pay for expensive soundcard rather then DAC?

Why not learn english first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back