Why my ears keep dropping in-ear monitors?
Feb 18, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #16 of 23
@bluejay what I don't like much about the Relays is the ordinary cable that may tangle easily.

About the Shure SE215 I have read a few reviews about this model, they seem to be very good except for the attachment between cable and bud. After a while it will start disconnecting, with audio drop-outs depending on the contact.

Any other suggestion?

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #18 of 23
@bluejay
 what I don't like much about the Relays is the ordinary cable that may tangle easily.

About the [COLOR=004B91]Shure SE215[/COLOR] I have read a few reviews about this model, they seem to be very good except for the attachment between cable and bud. After a while it will start disconnecting, with audio drop-outs depending on the contact.

Any other suggestion?

So sorry if I read this wrong the contact between the earpiece and the cable is coming loose?

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #22 of 23
I am talking about mmcx connector, looks like some owners are complaining about connectrs being faulty after a while. true or false?

This can be true..speaking from personal experience with the se535 one pair I was getting a short in one ear. The mmcx can't get dirt and can cause all kinds of issues. That's why I don't know why all the manufacturerz went with the mmcx because it's not a very good connector in my opinion compared to the 2 pin style. You can try to take off the cable and get a q tip and get some alcohol and clean the connection on the cable but not on the ear piece...got the ear piece get like a microfiber cloth and see if you can just go around the fitting where the male piece goes. So it has a clean seating.

If they are under warranty and you want to sent them in that's another option too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back