Why multiple phones?
Jul 16, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #31 of 34
I hve 4 different cans.Why? Because the longer I'm on headfi the more phones I find that catch my eye and ears.I started out with my Grado 125s,which are still my fun phones.Then I got the DT770s on a whim at Guitar Center.Loved the bass,did'nt really mind the recessed midrange(on some recordings that are to bright it can be a real asset.)Then I got the 325is,mainly to see what all the hype was about.Then I bought my antique sound lab amp.Did'nt like the way the 325is sounded through the amp.Then I found a really good deal on some HD600s(my favorite out of all of my phones.)Now I find my self getting interested in some AKGS.
600smile.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
The beauty of the headphone hobby is that most people can acquire a collection of good cans for a relatively small sum.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to have a large collection of high end loudspeakers that you actually use regularly with the same source, amp, cables, etc., even if you have the money for them! Even under ideal listening conditions, you can use different headphones for different music and moods.

Me personally, I do have a few pairs that I could use for regular use at home, but I'm commited to one most of the time (as I have been in the past). I guess I'm not a 'Heaphone Playa.'
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #33 of 34
I find there's less distractions with earphones. Especially canal phones with noise reduction. If I want to do the same with my stereo then I have to close the door, turn everything else off and close the windows....kind of not good in summer
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #34 of 34
I find it hard to adjust to the sonic signature of multiple headphones. It takes me several days to really adjust and that really cuts down on my inclination to switch headphones for various types of music. This is sort of weird for me as I have 6 guitars and have no difficulty adjusting to the sound and playing dynamics of the guitars from song to song. Weird hey?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back