Why is bose hated in this forum?
Jan 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
Although I have owned the ie2's before and i was pleased with them except with the lack of treble, I don't see anything wrong with them that is outright terrible.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 58
The general consensus is that they are overpriced for what you get. There are headphones in that price range that are significantly better.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #4 of 58
Because they're not worth the outrageous prices they're being sold for. It's not that BOSE is just inherently bad, it's just that you can do so much better for the price you'll pay.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #9 of 58
...and almost everything in this world is made in China. So when you like something (say an iPad), do you say "man, I love this high quality chinese screen"?

I'll bet that you wouldn't, even though as you said, "it just so happens that apple products tend to come from china"

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #13 of 58
Eh, not a big deal. But something to keep in mind the next time he makes future comments like that. Never a good idea to attach "cheap" and (insert country of choice) together.

Anyways, why Bose is hated on this forum-

It's not the headphones themselves. Because I listened to them before, and they are not bad. Nor is it the price, because while yes, it's overpriced, it's not as overpriced as like a HD800 or Ultrasone Edition 8/9, but they don't get the hate Bose does.

It's mainly because of two things-

1) Their target customer base, who are your typical upper middle class snobby corporate guy, doesn't know much about headphones and just buys them because of the status they give off (like how Tag Heuer watches get no respect in watch forums for the same reasons)

2) Too mainstream. Similar to how nobody like Skullcandies or Beats on here. This forum is hipster haven in the headphone world. Consider this - if a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350 or Sennheiser HD25 gets sold and re-branded as Skullcandies that can be bought for $30 at Walmart/Best-Buy, or as a Bose product sold at $300, nobody here would give them a chance.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #14 of 58

Quote:
Eh, not a big deal. But something to keep in mind the next time he makes future comments like that. Never a good idea to attach "cheap" and (insert country of choice) together.
Anyways, why Bose is hated on this forum-
It's not the headphones themselves. Because I listened to them before, and they are not bad. Nor is it the price, because while yes, it's overpriced, it's not as overpriced as like a HD800 or Ultrasone Edition 8/9, but they don't get the hate Bose does.
It's mainly because of two things-
1) Their target customer base, who are your typical upper middle class snobby corporate guy, doesn't know much about headphones and just buys them because of the status they give off (like how Tag Heuer watches get no respect in watch forums for the same reasons)
2) Too mainstream. Similar to how nobody like Skullcandies or Beats on here. This forum is hipster haven in the headphone world. Consider this - if a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350 or Sennheiser HD25 gets sold and re-branded as Skullcandies that can be bought for $30 at Walmart/Best-Buy, or as a Bose product sold at $300, nobody here would give them a chance.

1) Basically you mean yuppies.
2) Not necessarily mainstream. Elitist in a sense, but has little to show for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back