Why HD650 is not highly regarded as HD600 and HD580?
Oct 26, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #46 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
I agree - I like the 600s because to me they have the right amount of bass. It's preference and I choose the more neutral of the two.

I prefer the 600 as well for the same reason, the 650 is less neutral (bass heavy) to my ears. When I finally had a chance to do some quality demo time with the 650 I was really hoping it would just be an even more refined version of the 600 ..... instead I ended up ordering a 600.

Ant

Oct 26, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #47 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
I agree - I like the 600s because to me they have the right amount of bass. It's preference and I choose the more neutral of the two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apostate
I prefer the 600 as well for the same reason, the 650 is less neutral (bass heavy) to my ears. When I finally had a chance to do some quality demo time with the 650 I was really hoping it would just be an even more refined version of the 600 ..... instead I ended up ordering a 600.

Ant

Make that three of us. I finally gave up on the 650. The 600 just sounds more balanced and open.
600smile.gif

In fact, I discovered I like the 580 better than the 650 too.
580smile.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #48 of 108
Many people prefer the HD600 to the HD650 and I can understand why the feel the way they do (in many systems the HD600 can sound faster and less dark). However, when well-amplified and fed by a non-dark source the HD650 sounds better to me (regardless of cable). Also I think the HD650 can scale better when one considers amplifiers like the SDS-XLR, Balanced Max, etc. The cables are another matter; I find that system synergy is the most important variable to consider; in my experience I’ve found the HD600 to sound the best with the Cardas and Equinox cables while I usually prefer the HD650 with the Zu Mobius or the Equinox in some systems (I’m not a fan of the Moon Audio cables with Sennheiser, though I like them a lot with the Qualia).

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #49 of 108
I just don't know... "why can't we all just get along?"

Oh dear... what ever will become of us??? We're just so "crude and un-civil."

And... I'll bet we all own guns too!!! Oh my!

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #50 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2
And... I'll bet we all own guns too!!! Oh my!

I know anyone who owns guns can't be a honest God-fearing man! You all want to destroy the government!!!!11

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #51 of 108
What make me laugh the most about this kind of thread is that people are trashing 300$ cans like they were talking about cheap earbuds found in a cereal box. Common you guys you can have different taste and prefer some headphones over another, but don't go saying that they totaly blow or whatnot. Some people get some serious good time with cans like K81DJ and stuff and on the other side of the branch there is people dissing 2000$ setup saying that synergie isn't as great as with a 1200$ amp. I think it's a cuckoo's nest in here sometime.

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #52 of 108
i, actually really love my hd650...at least for now. i could ask for a tad less bass perhaps, and more clarity, bigger soundstage would also make me smile.

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #53 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan
i, actually really love my hd650...at least for now. i could ask for a tad less bass perhaps, and more clarity, bigger soundstage would also make me smile.

That doesn't sound like true love
tongue.gif
You need to buy more headphones I think.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #54 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan

That sounds like the AKG K701 to me!
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #55 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh
I went to a hi-fi shop yesterday and listened to HD650 they had. It sounded the best of other Senn models they had in their store. Now I wonder why HD650 did not get many appreciations as its two younger brothers HD600 and HD580. I have read many comparisions in this site as well as in other audio sites but there is no big applause for HD650. Why?

I prefer my 580 over 650 as well. The hd580 is more natural sounding both in bass and overall. It's not that the hd650 has too much bass, but the main problem to my ears is that the bass is not even--- there's more bass in one narrow section than the rest, so listening to my 650 is more fatiguing than listening to my 580s.

Oct 26, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #56 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
Sound Goon:

I'm 20 years old. I started playing piano when I was 4, and played for about 14 years. I started Violin at 7 and played for 10-11 years. So, my collective music experience is about 25 years.

Whoa; I'm 22 and my music experience added like that equals 51 years. Wow, I'm old (no offense meant to anyone 51 or older
wink.gif
).

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #57 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
If I'm your someone... I'll say I had just skimmed through your post, and replied hastily, based on assuming that I knew what you were getting at. After reading it from the beginning to the end, I just realized that your post wasn't so 'bad' as I expected. Surely I variously disagree - but not so dramatically as to feel enabled to define it all BS. Sorry for having gone too far in assuming.

Good.
I also remember to you that you're never listened to an HD600 (or other top cans) and you're never listened to a balanced setup.
Please, speak about what you know, and then maybe you can begin to have a dialog with other forumers.

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #58 of 108
The 650 is the only headphone that I have kept and intend to keep over many other headphones but if a newer Senn. comes out I would consider buying it. I have owned the 580 and have heard the 600 but like the 650 much better than them or any other headphone to date.

The 701 was a close second.

TEAM SENNHEISER 650 for me.

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #59 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321

Sound Goon:

I'm 20 years old. I started playing piano when I was 4, and played for about 14 years. I started Violin at 7 and played for 10-11 years. So, my collective music experience is about 25 years.

Muahahhahahahaha Even though you're 20 years old, does the fact that you've played two different instruments sometimes concurrently mean that you have 25 years worth of life experience? This is great! Can you do 25 years worth of living in 20 years? What would happen if you were to go to jail, can you serve 30 years in 6 months?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Efficient living aside, I own the 580's and I like them quite a bit especially with the Equinox cable. I heard the 650's with the equinox and I found them to be very similar to the 580's in the general sound signature, but I found to be more refined. If anything, they had less of a bass hump than the 580's, giving them a more even, flatter sound. I think they're very good phones. Probably more forgiving of amplification than the 580/600 series.

Oct 26, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #60 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Good.
I also remember to you that you're never listened to an HD600 (or other top cans) and you're never listened to a balanced setup.
Please, speak about what you know, and then maybe you can begin to have a dialog with other forumers.

Errr...sorry? I thought I only merely spoke about the HD650, un-tweaked, un-deveiled,
basshead.gif
un-hyperdriven
biggrin.gif
etc. etc.
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back