Why HD650 is not highly regarded as HD600 and HD580?
Oct 28, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #106 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
Yeah! Before I get yelled at, at that!

I gotta really great thing going with my MS2i, more than just a little fond of them. But they just don't quite make it for the really big classical pieces or the lower octave or two of organ music.

I get the impression from a number of sources that HD600 would be an excellent compliment to my MS2i to fill in the classical and organ gap!
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, I'm here
tongue.gif

Both are very balanced headphone, still they are quite different.
The Ms2i are more exciting and "dynamic", they have the Grado "fun" together with a surprising balance and correctness. The bass is one of the best I've heard in an headphone, especially if the Ms2i are paired with the Earmax pro. The Alessandro are also quicker in transients.
The HD600 is still one of my favorite headphones. They are more polite and softer than the Alessandro. The Senns have also more soundstage.
I can say that with rock and similar I prefer the Ms2i, with classical music the HD600. But it's more a matter of my mood in the specific day, as both have strong qualities that made them good allrounders (maybe the HD600 a little more than the Ms2i).
I think they can complement well, because the HD600 has an advantage in big classical ensamble and organs, at the same level the Ms2i has an advantage in rock/jazz/etc.

ciao
Andrew

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #107 of 108
Thanks Amartignano for enlighting us all
smily_headphones1.gif

(I'm just dead envious
tongue.gif
)

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #108 of 108
Yes! Thank you Andrew for the positive reinforcement! MS2i and HD600 sounds like a really good combination at that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back