Why Don't You People Care About Audio Quality First?
May 12, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #61 of 77
Again if the shoe fits, wear it. Your only being defensive because there's more then a grain if truth in what I said & obviously that's making you nervous. I didn't post this thread to criticise anyone but to state an obvious fact.

May 12, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #62 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hershon2000
Again if the shoe fits, wear it. Your only being defensive because there's more then a grain if truth in what I said & obviously that's making you nervous. I didn't post this thread to criticise anyone but to state an obvious fact.

I want proof! seriously.... for a thread like this you need all kinds of primary documents to make it a "fact."

May 12, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #63 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
This thread is useless without pics!

LOL
biggrin.gif

Seriously, this thread has really become a joke. Hershon, you're just trolling at this point. You haven't been able to link to ONE thread that matches what you're talking about? And your only defense is that because people called you on it, you must be right and we're all nervous? Right
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

I find people misread & misconstrue things because they want to misread & misconstrue things.

Shhhh, you're not supposed to be that honest about what you're doing.

May 12, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #64 of 77
Quote:

If there is "more than a grain of truth" to what you said, then it should be easy for you to demonstrate your point with an example or two.

And to be fair, I will post an example myself of a thread that I believe is contrary to your assertions. And, to be even more fair, I won't pick a thread selectively. I'll just post the first CDP review that appears on the first page of this forum as of the time I type this message:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179027

Your turn.

May 12, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #65 of 77
Quote:

What you state as a fact is not a fact, but merely your judgment and your perception.

This is what Head-Fi is all about: a community to share one's thoughts and opinions.

Beyond measureable specs, there is no facts as to what sounds better especially as the the prices go up and up. People like different things, different music.

With utmost respect, you've touched a raw nerve here at Head-Fi implying that we over-emphasize on build and looks. That sir, is not a fact.

You talk about all other forums also being like this. I don't know about other sites, but this forum is about respect, courtesy, and an understanding that everyone has different ears, different budgets, and different perspectives about what is or is not quality, be it sound quality or build quality.

It's not only what one says, it's how one says it.

That goes a long way, especially here, and that's why you're getting such responses to your original post. Whether you intended it or not, it was a punch in the face to many Head-Fiers.

Regardless, if posts about what sound quality is important to you then by all means search the forums and ask questions. There are many posts on sound quality, and everyone here is extremely helpful. Unnecessary criticism, flaming, and just being rude is not very common here fortunately.

May 13, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #66 of 77
I didn't say one thing that was disrespectful. To quote Jack Nicholson, you people can't handle the truth. Again, unlike some of you, I do have some things going on in my life that I'm not going to take the time to point out specific threads for example. I'm not trolling. I was trying to use this forum to get ideas for replacing my equipment & more times then not, what I read is not helpful at all. Actually here is a total example of what I mean & was posted today I think. Someone said they just got in a new piece of equipment but its too soon to really get an idea of what it sounds like without a breaking in period or words to that effect. Well sorry, however true that staement is, I find that post utterly pointless. Why can't the poster wait till the thing has been broken in to his satisfaction & then comment about the sound quality. But NOOOOOOOOO, we get this. To me its the same thing as someone saying there in love with a woman who they've never gone out with & who doesn't know they exist. Just a total waste of my time.

May 13, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #67 of 77
Quote:

I didn't say one thing that was disrespectful. To quote Jack Nicholson, you people can't handle the truth. Again, unlike some of you, I do have some things going on in my life that I'm not going to take the time to point out specific threads for example. I'm not trolling. I was trying to use this forum to get ideas for replacing my equipment & more times then not, what I read is not helpful at all. Actually here is a total example of what I mean & was posted today I think. Someone said they just got in a new piece of equipment but its too soon to really get an idea of what it sounds like without a breaking in period or words to that effect. Well sorry, however true that staement is, I find that post utterly pointless. Why can't the poster wait till the thing has been broken in to his satisfaction & then comment about the sound quality. But NOOOOOOOOO, we get this. To me its the same thing as someone saying there in love with a woman who they've never gone out with & who doesn't know they exist. Just a total waste of my time.

Then what is the point of this thread? And what is this truth that you are refering to? That we care only about looks and not about sound? You really should read more and accuse less becasue what you say really has no basis in fact and that is the truth, like it or not.

May 13, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #68 of 77
Quote:

I didn't say one thing that was disrespectful. To quote Jack Nicholson, you people can't handle the truth.

1.) There seems to be some contradiction here...

Quote:

Again, unlike some of you, I do have some things going on in my life that I'm not going to take the time to point out specific threads for example.

2.) Disrespectful again. And lazy, too. Bad excuse, anyway...

Quote:

I'm not trolling. I was trying to use this forum to get ideas for replacing my equipment & more times then not, what I read is not helpful at all.

3.) Well, apparently you haven't noticed the subforums for dedicated reviews to each equipment-related subforum here - I'd suggest to stick to these, if the gossip and static bothers you that much... Oh, and you seem to have a then/than problem (just as in: "Your only being defensive because there's more then a grain if truth in what I said (...)" - and it should be "You're" not "Your", too... Are you a native English speaker?) - maybe you should dedicate some of your highly valuable time to get over that.

Quote:

Actually here is a total example of what I mean & was posted today I think. Someone said they just got in a new piece of equipment but its too soon to really get an idea of what it sounds like without a breaking in period or words to that effect.

4. Oh my, how total - totally unspecific, that is.

Quote:

Well sorry, however true that staement is, I find that post utterly pointless. Why can't the poster wait till the thing has been broken in to his satisfaction & then comment about the sound quality. But NOOOOOOOOO, we get this.

5. Well, what did you exspect? This is an online community for headphone fans. There's gossip, owner's pride, info developing in threads over time, useless posts. Also see 3.!

Quote:

To me its the same thing as someone saying there in love with a woman who they've never gone out with & who doesn't know they exist.

6. Bad analogy - doesn't fit.

Quote:

Just a total waste of my time.

7. Your complaining about content you get for free on a free internet forum rather seems to be a waste of my time, actually...

Without greetings from Hannover - just to save a bit of your highly valuable time!

Manfred / lini

May 13, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #70 of 77
Quote:

I think you're a doodoo chaser

No, I usually flush that - but maybe you meant the dodo...

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 13, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #71 of 77
Quote:

Someone said they just got in a new piece of equipment but its too soon to really get an idea of what it sounds like without a breaking in period or words to that effect. Well sorry, however true that staement is, I find that post utterly pointless. Why can't the poster wait till the thing has been broken in to his satisfaction & then comment about the sound quality.

Probably because the overwhelming majority of people here find it useful, or at least entertaining, to read about someone's initial impressions of a piece of gear, and to see how those impressions change over time as the person has time to use and become familiar with the gear and its sound.

Whatever your initial intentions were*, Herson2000, you have become a common troll. This thread could have been an intelligent, purposeful discussion, but you have repeatedly made assertions that you refuse to support. Your protestations that you don't have time to find the support really ring hollow when (1) you took the time to start this thread, and (2) you have obviously invested a good deal of time responding to those who point out the shortcomings in what you've written. Instead of spending time backing up the point you are trying to make, you simply repeat the same opinions over and over, and in the process you repeatedly insult the people who are attempting to have a meaningful dialog with you. That, my friend, is a troll.

[*I am not discounting the possibility that your original intention was to troll. After all, you've come into an audiophile forum and started threads (1) accusing members of not caring about sound, and (2) asking the beaten-to-death question of whether power cables make a difference.]

May 13, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #73 of 77
Quote:

Your still a doodoo chaser

You're still a troll. With bad grammar.

This thread needs to be closed.

May 13, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #74 of 77
Quote:

Your still a doodoo chaser

are there not mods to ban people like this?

on a related topic, do we know what this guys system is comprised of? Might shed some light on his lovely attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back