Why does my gaming headset sound better
Apr 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

IaHawkeye

100+ Head-Fier
Listening to my Astro A50's connected to my ps4 or PC through the MixAmp, I think my music sounds far far better on them than coming through my P7's, Shure 535's, or even my JH Roxanne's. Even if I'm watching music on YouTube through my Astros, I think it had better sound than my Roxanne's through my DX90 playing FLAC....I know I must be insane, but does anyone else feel this way or is their any reason for this?

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 6
By better you mean that it sounds louder and "richer"?
I have Mr.brightside in FLAC , the one file is cd rip , the other is vinyl rip (x2 the size of the cd rip) both are lossless and not cutoffs , well somehow I prefer the cd rip better :S so I would like an explanation other that "your ears suck, get lost" :p
I use x5 and p5 or w40.

Ps. Vinyl rip is more detailed and smooth, sorry I don't know the terminology yet so I'm sorry if these make no sense :/

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm hoping my ears don't suck....lol, but maybe they do.

The A50's are just richer , louder, and more like you are there....I just don't get it. It may be from the huge base of it?

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 6
I have the exact same feeling as you, I can "see" that I can here more details and much more clarity but is like it's far away and  I'm not there :S

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 6
Are you saying it sounds like the music isn't right there in front of you, but actually further away? If so you might be hearing a larger soundstage and confusing it with the music sounding distant.

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes, so I guess that everyone is experiencing that but the not "noble" ears don't like it?
I can see that it's more detailed and I gave to a friend of mine for a blind test and noticed that the vinyl rip was more detailed and could actually hear everything better while with the cd rip she couldn't separate the sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back