Why do you people spend hundreds of dollars on headphones
Jul 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #121 of 134
Disagree. I have the choice to spend the money I spend on headphones on other things--cameras, car accessories, whatever--but I don't because I'm not interested in those things. I am interested in hearing at home a sound something like I hear in the concert hall, and thus I spend money on headphones. Having the means only gives you the ability to spend; it doesn't determine on what you'll spend.

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #122 of 134
Why spend money at all? Or why spend more money than you ralistically should or need?? No matter how much money you earn. 

What is very interesting reading this forum's threads is that many young people (I have seen 14-year-olds) spend huge amounts of money on headphones. I really don't want to dig into the question "Where can a teenager earn so much money to buy such expensive stuff?". One thing is obvious though. It is not only the love for the music that makes people invest in headphones (or any other "cool" stuff). It is also the sheer consumerism and money-spending-culture of our time that drives many people. We are just a part of a big engine, a big machinery called free market economy.  

Edited the word consumerism 
smile.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #127 of 134
Quote:
Why spend money at all? Or why spend more money than you ralistically should or need?? No matter how much money you earn. 

What is very interesting reading this forum's threads is that many young people (I have seen 14-year-olds) spend huge amounts of money on headphones. I really don't want to dig into the question "Where can a teenager earn so much money to buy such expensive stuff?".

They don't their parents buy it for them.

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #131 of 134
this is like asking why you spend so much money on X product in different niche enthusiast forums ..  I'm sure the OP is a troll because he has only 2 posts and created this thread 3 weeks, 4 days ago (same day he created his head-fi account) and Last Online: 3 weeks, 3 days ago.... and already disappeared...

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #132 of 134
Quote:
this is like asking why you spend so much money on X product in different niche enthusiast forums ..  I'm sure the OP is a troll because he has only 2 posts and created this thread 3 weeks, 4 days ago (same day he created his head-fi account) and Last Online: 3 weeks, 3 days ago.... and already disappeared...

Don't feed the troll then

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #133 of 134
Yeah- I know we shouldn't feed the troll.  But I do think it is a worthwhile conversation to have.  If nothing else, I have read the point-of-view of some people I otherwise would not have had contact with.

But still: troll feeding is bad
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back