Why do so many great albums sound so bad?
Feb 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #152 of 156

Quote:
For some reason, the worst sounding The Police album is their last, Synchronicity.

Yeah, a bit too harsh, gritty and a bit too much treble for my taste.
Unfortunate, 'cos I really like the music on that album.

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #153 of 156
You might want to seek out the MFSL version of Syncronicity, it sounds great. The worst offender in the Police catalog to me is Zendyatta Mondatta, they cranked the compressors making the drums sound boxy and synthetic and it's sounds kind of phasey overall.

May 7, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #154 of 156
I was surprised that Pieces of You by Jewel was nice sounding through my rig.  It's not bright like most pop albums and most of the tracks are soft sounding.  

May 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #155 of 156
Nothing to do with loudness war, but an album I really love and is one the greatest rock albums ever, although I wish it sounded better: Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, by Derek and The Dominos. Somebody can explain to me why this record has an overall crappy, muffled sound? 
frown.gif

May 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #156 of 156
Nothing to do with loudness war, but an album I really love and is one the greatest rock albums ever, although I wish it sounded better: Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, by Derek and The Dominos. Somebody can explain to me why this record has an overall crappy, muffled sound? :frowning2:

Excellent question!
Can someone explain why Born To Run sounds so MUDDY?:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back